01-06-2020

US

1 Signins

14 Page Views

• Views: 14
  • Message 1 of 2

Unmountable Boot Volume Error

2020-01-06, 12:56 PM

I was having an issue with Chrome so I did a hard shut down of my Yogo 14.

After this I was unable to boot the system back up.  

I got a boot error and it tried to reboot.  Problem is it will do this until the battery dies.

My cmputer is:  Type 20FY-0002US S/N ********** 16/12

I did make a USB Key off the Lenovo Website, but during the install it said there was an error.

I also took the Hard Drive out and tried to see if I could ready anything on it using a universal reader.  The hard drive doesn't show up using this on the two computers I tried it on.  I'm guessing the 256 Intel Solid state hard drive has messed up some how.

The Hard Drive is Intel SSDSC2KF256H6L

I did also try a diagnostic and it said the whole computer passes so I'm just not sure what to do at this point.

Please let me know if yall have any suggestions.

Thanks

Clay

Moderator note: serial number removed to prevent abuse.

Options

1815 Posts

08-02-2018

US

696 Signins

10116 Page Views

• Views: 10116
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Unmountable Boot Volume Error

2020-01-06, 14:10 PM

Hi yurtesen1!

The error: Unmountable Boot Volume Error seems to be a corrupted OS since you mentioned you ran a test on the storage and the result seems to be okay on the test. Have you made any changes especially in the BIOS or any updates installed before the issue arises? Let's check the hard drive for errors, which may cause the unmountable boot volume message.

Open a Command Prompt from Windows( if the machine is able to boot to Windows) or the recovery menu, then enter the following command: chkdsk /r c:

The /r flag locates any bad sectors on your disk and fixes those errors. If you don’t include this, Chkdsk will simply report errors it finds. You need to include c: so the operation scans your Windows partition (the most common location for it). Replace c: with d: or another letter if you’ve moved yours somewhere else.

Chkdsk may ask you to run next time the system restarts. If it does, enter Y for yes and reboot to start it. This step might take a while so you'll have to wait. Check if the issue persists after it restarts.

If yes, you can try another important utility. SFC, or System File Checker, look for corrupted Windows system files and attempts to fix them. From the command prompt, type: sfc /scannow

Let us know how it goes.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save