Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
timb318
Paper Tape
Views: 1,949
Message 1 of 5

Upgrade screen on Thinkpad Yoga 260

Dear all,

I would like to upgrade the touchscreen on the Thinkpad Yoga 260 - I have the 1366x768 model (a long and annoying story!) and I really want the 1080 screen - for obvious reasons. I am relatively technically competent (I'm a tinkerer) and have carried out these sorts of procedures on other laptops in the past. Which brings me to my question...

Having upgraded the screen on a T450 and run into the problem of the display driver not accepting the new screen (some issue relating to EDIDs, or something like that) (https://www.reddit.com/r/thinkpad/comments/3t3z1d/lenovo_t450_lcd_replacement_cant_change_brightness...

Am I going to encounter the same problem with the Yoga 260? Or potentially worse given that there are touch-screen issues involved too?

Looking around at replacement panel assemblies they instruct not to use if the present resolution is wrong (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/12-5-FHD-LCD-LED-Touch-Screen-Assembly-for-Lenovo-ThinkPad-Yoga-260-1920X1...) - it is just these particular panels, or am I screwed?

Any success stories would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Tim

Guru
Views: 1,887
Message 2 of 5

Re: Upgrade screen on Thinkpad Yoga 260

Hi timb318.

I don't have a success story to share about this subject and I don't own a Thinkpad Yoga 260.

The only thing that cames to my mind, if I put myslef in your place, is to check the different models of the "Thinkpad Yoga 260", check if there a model that has the 1080 screen  (like the 20FD0029US )  and check the part numbers of that specific models on the support site. Even that it will not guarantee that it will work and fit your Yoga 260 model, it can you give an idea if it may work.

I don't think that this kind of update to the machine will be formally acepted by Lenovo, so trying it will be a lottery (with better chances than winning it of course), but this is under your own risk and since you are tech savvy I guess you already know that.

Regards

Martín Itúrbide
OS2World.com NewsMaster
Self-proclaimed Trackpoint Fan Club President
"Don't Panic" 
Wil Wheaton
Remember: Your Friend Wil Declares....
Please click "Kudos" for Ego Boost !!

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,876
Message 3 of 5

You need to find a whole assembly.  The FHD screen has a different cable and rear cover, and different hinges.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
timb318
Paper Tape
Views: 1,845
Message 4 of 5

Many thanks richk and others for your responses,

I just have one final request for clarification:

Given that the 1080 screen features different connectors and different hinges, does it still physically connect to the main body of the 768 model - both in terms of hinges, and the revised cable attaching at the motherboard end?

Thanks,

Tim

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,833
Message 5 of 5

Everything at the motherboard end should be the same

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors