Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EdwinN
What's DOS?
Views: 1,440
Message 1 of 3

Upgrade to Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260

My sons' ThinkPad Yoga is extremelly slow when surfing the web. Can it be that the original wireless card does not support current wireless technology standards? Is there a recommended wireless card upgrade for this model?

The hard drive is almost empty, he only uses it for college work and basically uses MS Office products. No gaming applications in this box.

See system specs attached. I updated all the drivers. Any ideas?

Guru
Views: 1,392
Message 2 of 3

Re: Upgrade to Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260

Hi, welcome to the forums.

Just in case the full model number of that machine is "20CD00CHUS".  The Intel 7260 ac it has is not that old and should support common wifi standards, or it is some different standard you need it to support?

Are you using Windows 10?

If you want to try something first, I would recommend you to update the drivers first and see its performance.

Here it is the support site:

1) Update the BIOS of the computer "BIOS Update Utility for Windows 10 (64-bit), 8.1 (64-bit), 7 (32-bit, 64-bit) - ThinkPad Yoga, Think..."

2) Try to update the Intel network driver:  Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software and Drivers for Windows® 10

After trying the driver update and if it keeps now workign fine, maybe on that case it may be some hardware issue. You can find the part number of the wireless card and try to replace it.

But give it a try first to the BIOS and the driver.

Regards

Martín Itúrbide
OS2World.com NewsMaster
Self-proclaimed Trackpoint Fan Club President
"Don't Panic" 
Wil Wheaton
Remember: Your Friend Wil Declares....
Please click "Kudos" for Ego Boost !!

EdwinN
What's DOS?
Views: 1,389
Message 3 of 3