cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brillat
Serial Port
Views: 24,686
Message 1 of 4

Wacom Tablet Service for ISD Driver (WinTab) causes high CPU Usage - Win10 Pro v1511

Hello,

I've just got a new Yoga 260 with totally fresh install of Windows 10 v1511 (just before the Anniversary update).  Unfortunately, I have had to uninstall the Wacom Pen driver (WinTab) because it is slamming my CPU (well, slamming one of the two cores).  The WinTab service - specifically, "Tablet Service for ISD Driver" - sits pegged at about 50% - or one CPU core.  Of course this means the fan runs non stop, and my battery life is awful.

So, I've uninstalled the WinTab driver for now.  I've lost pressure sensitivity with the stylus, but at least the CPU is better. 

I just wanted someone at Lenovo to know so that they can look in to it and hopefully get an update.  I'm on version:

n1ggn09w.exe

Thanks!

articulate
Paper Tape
Views: 24,679
Message 2 of 4

Re: Wacom Tablet Service for ISD Driver (WinTab) causes high CPU Usage - Win10 Pro v1511

I had the same problem on a newly installed Yoga 260, and Lenovo provided driver version 7.3.3-16. I installed the latest version available directly from Wacom, Enhanced Tablet Driver version 7.3.4-8 and the problem is resolved.

karatedog
Fanfold Paper
Views: 22,057
Message 3 of 4

Re: Wacom Tablet Service for ISD Driver (WinTab) causes high CPU Usage - Win10 Pro v1511

For me it was not simply the WTabletServiceISD service that caused high CPU, but if it was left running (about 2-4 hours), the Thread number and File handle numbers began to increase.

My Windows 10 runs with a ~2000 thread and 40000 file handle, but I have seen 58.000 threads and 260.000 File Handle when my computer was super slow.

Restarting the WTabletServiceISD service solves the problem, temporarily.

Highlighted
nmgridl
What's DOS?
Views: 18,826
Message 4 of 4

I found that a better way than installing the specific update listed above is to install "Lenovo System Update - Update Drivers, BIOS, and Applications".  It will look for updates to OS files that are non-Microsoft.  For me, it found 2 Critical Updates, 6 Recommended Updates, and about 10 Optional Updates.  "WinTab Driver 7.3.4.33" was listed as an optional update.

You may need to also install "Lenovo Service Bridge".  I got to the "System Update" install through "Service Bridge", but I don't know the relationship between the two.

https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht080136

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors