Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SamiSamanage
Paper Tape
Views: 385
Message 1 of 5

Warranty API lookups with machine type and serial is not working

I have script that fetch warranty data for Lenovo machines using api calles to: "

This script is building a csv file with the ssn and machine type and post it to your api.
This flow was working fine, until recently when I tried to fetch warranties to machines of series 'LENOVO_MT_20LD_BU_Think_FM_ThinkPad' (Yoga)
The problem was, that anther machine have the same serial number, therefor the server is not able to decide which one of them is the right warranty.

Screen Shot 2019-06-18 at 14.24.10.png

And this the response to my post request with the Machine Type also:
Screen Shot 2019-06-18 at 14.27.26.png
You can see, it does gets the Machine Type together with the serial, but for some reason it places the MT under the ProductID, and not fetching any warranty date.
Thanks
Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 280
Message 2 of 5

Re: Warranty API lookups with machine type and serial is not working

Hi SamiSamanage! Welcome to our forums community. You can check the warranty on this website: https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/warrantylookup. This is the official site for checking the warranty worldwide.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

SamiSamanage
Paper Tape
Views: 270
Message 3 of 5

Hi Jwes_Lenovo
I'm familiar with this site, but I'm asking about a solution to retrieve the warranties automatically by api and not manually..
Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 259
Message 4 of 5

I see. You can try here: https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/warrantylookup/batchquery.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

SamiSamanage
Paper Tape
Views: 155
Message 5 of 5

This is also done manually by attaching the file on the browser.

Is there a way to send this file as an api request? for which url should we send the file and with which headers? should it be a POST request? 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors