cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amazingAZN
What's DOS?
Views: 450
Message 1 of 3

Which TPY models have digitizer support?

This seems to be a topic that is beating a dead horse, but I have yet to find a definite answer, so forgive me.
I am currently on the market for a Yoga,  and it's come down to the Yoga Pro 2 vs the ThinkPad Yoga. I have found a model which seems to suit all my needs but I am unsure if it has a digitizer which supports the pen. From what I have read, it doesn't include the pen, but some sources say you can buy a pen and use it on the screen while others just do not mention it. 

The model in question is: S1 12.5" with the i5 and 500GB HDD and 16GB SDD. Model #  20CD00CHUS.

Beyond this, is there an easy rule of thumb to see which TPY have the digitizer?

Thanks, and sorry agan for the overly redundant question.

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 422
Message 2 of 3

Re: Which TPY models have digitizer support?

Good day and welcome to the community.

Searching for that MT-M on the support site yields:

ThinkPad Yoga 20CD00CHUS

i5-4200U(2.6GHz), 4GB RAM, 500GB 7200rpm HD, 11.6in 1366x768 LCD, Wireless Option, Bluetooth, Intel HD Graphics, UltraNav, Secure Chip, 8c Li-Poly, Win8 Pro 64

IIRC, no 1366x768 LCD models were equipped with a digitizer. That was an option only with the FHD panels.

Looking at the PSREF: http://psref.lenovo.com/Product/91 bears this out. A quick scan of the table show the 1366x768 models as multitouch, but without digitizer pen support. The specific model above is down near the bottom of the listing.

Hope this helps.

Regards.

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.
X1C3 X1T3 X1T2 Helix1 X220 X301 X200T T61p T60p TPStack Yoga910 Yoga900S
TPYoga12 T520 T420 T510 T400 R400 T61 Yoga900 Yoga3Pro Yoga2Pro Yoga13

I am not a Lenovo employee

dffeitlstp
Blue Screen Again
Views: 265
Message 3 of 3

Re: Which TPY models have digitizer support?

Lenovo needs to remove the "SOLVED" tag and address this issue.  Many people are looking for a Thinkpad Yoga with a digitizer and pen, but Lenovo continues to obfuscate which models have these features, and introduce these features in some regions but not in other regions.  LENOVO, please consider these suggestions before releasing another Thinkpad Yoga model:

1.  You need to add digitizer/pen to the specifications of the products you release.  When a consumer or business is searching for Thinkpad Yogas, this information should be in the specs.  If you want to offer Yogas without digitizer/pen then DO NOT call them Thinkpads!  Thinkpad connotes business quality products, and playing games with this designation will cause consumers to look elsewhere if it is not resolved.

2.  Once you release a product with these features, offer it WORLDWIDE.  I cannot tell you enough that releasing a product in the United States with different features than the same product name in Europe or Asia only makes me doubt you are a legitimate company.  Thinkpad Yoga 15 should be the same product whether it is in the USA, Europe or Asia.  And yet some Thinkpad Yoga 15 offerings outside the United States have digitizer/pen.  If you want to see how maddening this is, Google it.  Never resolved.

3.  Lenovo is in position to dominate the consumer market without playing these games.  Get your naming conventions straight and be consistent.  Having bought Lenovo Thinkpad products for over a decade, this is not too much to ask.   There is nothing worse than getting a product and finding out after you receive it that it is not what was advertised.

REMOVE THE "SOLVED" TAG.

Top Kudoed Authors