Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
BrianHFASPS
Token Ring
Views: 5,111
Message 1 of 3

Which wacom tech in Yoga?

I am curious if there is a list of which models of Yoga or X1 Yoga use Wacom EMR vs Active ES tech. I am pretty sure the original S1 Yoga and Yoga 12 use EMR but X1 Yoga uses AES I think but I am not sure all three generations do. Just trying to determine compatibility of stylus across the generations like Yoga 260, 370 and X380.

The spec sheets for ThinkPad Pen Pro (4X80H34887) and Lenovo Active Pen (GX80K32882) seem to be incomplete in models supported. Then I also want to know which models the Wacom Bamboo Ink works with. I know wacom has a compatibility list but again I think it is incomplete.

Thanks for any details on verification.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 5,054
Message 2 of 3

Re: Which wacom tech in Yoga?

I don't have every model, although my wife might argue.  I have 3 ThinkPad Yoga models (Yoga 260, x1 Yoga gen2 and x1 yoga gen3) and, a few months ago, I  borrowed Yoga 920 that I reviewed. The 3 Thinkpad Yogas have built-in, fine-tipped pens using, I believe, Wacom AES.  Rather than a battery, the three pens use a capacitor to store electricity. so they can charge in seconds, rather than minutes or hours.  Although the Yoga 260 pen is shorter than the other two, all three pens work on all three machines.  The Yoga 920 I borrowed was a pre-release version did not come with a pen and I had it for only a few days.  I did not have the Lenovo Active Pen to test with but the machine did not seem to work with the pens from the ThinkPad Yogas.  Not working could have been a result of incompatible digitizer or the fact that it was a pre-release version and drivers/BIOS needed updates.  I got the machine without a working OS and installed a stock version from MS.  I had no Lenovo-specific drivers.  I no longer have one to test.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
BrianHFASPS
Token Ring
Views: 5,049
Message 3 of 3

Re: Which wacom tech in Yoga?

Thanks for the info. It seems like everything since early 2016 the Yoga 260 / Yoga X1 Gen 1 have had AES. I know the original Yoga S1 and Yoga 12 use older EMR tech since my Toshiba pens from 2004 work on those nd they have no power at all. I wonder if all Lenovo and other makers like HP made swith at same time.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors