Did you mean: 
Highlighted
todtrexler
What's DOS?
Views: 4,636
Message 31 of 69

Re: WiFi on ThinkPad Yoga stops working after a few minutes [Solved]

@Mark_Lenovo wrote:

Lenovo has taken action to update the application quickly after receiving reports in the forum, and provided immediate recommendation to customers to uninstall the application if they are not using it / or it is causing troubles on their network.

Really?  I've been dealing with this issue on my thinkpad yoga for a month now, periodically googling, not finding anything.  Mostly I just kept disconnecting/reconnecting my wifi over, and over, over, as it would often (10s of times a day) stop working.  I never received any email update from Lenovo about this at all, just got lucky that whatever particular combination of search terms I used in google today finally led me to this thread.  Uninstalled that software, and so far, so good.

I'm hopeful that it's fixed now, but I have to agree with others indicating that Lenovo should do more to get out in front of this.

juzraai
Paper Tape
Views: 4,549
Message 32 of 69

Hi All,

I got a brand new Thinkpad S1 Yoga and I'm experiencing the same issue: a few minutes after turning on, it blocks my router's wireless network. (However it still works with cables.) I've just found this topic and I've been happy to see the same problem with a solution... but unfortunately I already have the updated LenovoEMC Storage Connector software and there's no discover.exe running.

I updated the wireless adapter driver from Intel homepage and tried the ideas from here, and also uninstalled the Storage Connector, but none of them could solve my problem.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks in advance,

Zsolt

tbirdjeff
What's DOS?
Views: 4,515
Message 33 of 69

I had both issues - both the discovery.exe coopting my machine but also specific router issues just as you describe, only at home on my Belkin N900 router.   After tying my IT dept, Lenovo and Belkin, we determinted it was a channel conflict with the router.  Find out which channels are best for your router and select that channel instead of auto.  Since changing that setting (I have both 2.4ghz and 5ghz channels and had to change both to a preferred channel) I have had no issues.

It seems to be that specific Intel adapter conflicting with the channels of the router.  I have used the machine in about 40 different wifi spots since getting it 2 months ago and my own house was the only problem.

jeastin880
What's DOS?
Views: 4,485
Message 34 of 69

Agreed.  I have taken this "new" high tech, make my work productivity go through the roof machine with me all over the country.  All the while dropping little dimes of desctruction along the way, unknowingly.  I, again, unknowingly, shutdown at least 30 customer, hotel, business networks.  

Yea for me now I have the responsibility to send them all a note letting them know what has happened and why.

Thank YOU all so much for posting this thread.  The community at large saved me on this.  And ironically enough, saved Lenovo, because I was so fed up with it, I was getting the box ready to send this crap back.  If I have another issue, its gone and Ill move onto another product.

Its not that there are issues, release problems, bugs, or even foul quality control, its how you handle it that is costly to customer satisfaction.  Thanks for really not much help Lenovo.

MuraliKrishnaCh
Blue Screen Again
Views: 4,222
Message 35 of 69

I have the same issue. Wifi gets down and shows no network connections available though I have network on my other laptop working. Even the task manager doesn't show any process of Discovery.exe nor the laptop has lenovo storage software which other users reported as problem. I updated the drivers even. But still the flaw continues. Please help me in this regard with a permanenet solution. Thanks in advancce.

juzraai
Paper Tape
Views: 4,209
Message 36 of 69

Hi all again, and thanks tbirdjeff for the answer!

I also had the problem with only my router at home. Switching the channels didn't work for me, but switching wireless mode on the router from b/g/n to b/g solved the problem permanently, I haven't had wifi problems for weeks now. Smiley Happy (I found this solution here, in comment #26.)

So MuraliKrishnaCh you can give this a try. Smiley Happy

I hope it helps,

Zsolt

namarias
Blue Screen Again
Views: 3,882
Message 37 of 69

Hi I did not have the EMC controller which seems to be the culprit in the majority of the Yoga wi-fi problems.

I decided that if that is not the issue then the wireless driver itself may be.

I first downloaded the Intel Wireless-N 7260 driver for my Yoga (64 bit for win 8.1) and then uninstalled, rebooted, reinstalled and then connected back to wi-fi.

It has so far worked perfectly for the last 2 days. I am keeping my finger's crossed.

jlsanchez
Paper Tape
Views: 3,658
Message 38 of 69

Hi,

I just inherited this Yoga laptop and the wifi disconnections are driving me crazy.  I'm currently using the Yoga in a controlled Wifi environment with hidden SSID's.  It connects and all of a sudden it disconnects.  It only happens with the Yoga and not with other devices.  I've uninstalled the EMC Storage Connector, Upgraded Wifi adapter from Lenovo and then from Intel.  I still can't get this wifi to work properly.  It works great on a hotspot or at home though.  I opened a ticket with Lenovo and they basically told me that it seems more like a software issue than a hardware issue and referred me to Microsoft support.  Any clues or am I missing something?

Regards,

thunder1200
Paper Tape
Views: 3,620
Message 39 of 69

Maybe start by uninstalling the software. Its not needed unless you have a
storage device. This will eliminate it as being the problem. Dave

https://lenovo-na-en.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/33910

*How to uninstall the LenovoEMC Storage Connector software*

You can uninstall the Storage Connector software using either the Control
Panel or the command prompt on your computer. Use the option that is
easiest for you.

*NOTE:* Depending on your network (especially class A or class B networks),
you might need to implement this change on other computers on the network
that have LenovoEMC Storage Manager installed.

*Using Control Panel > Programs and Features:*

1. From the Control Panel, choose *Programs and Features* or *Uninstall
a program*.
2. Right-click the program named *LenovoEMC Storage Connector* and click
*Uninstall/Change*.
3. Click *Uninstall*, followed by *Finish*.

jlsanchez
Paper Tape
Views: 3,610
Message 40 of 69

EMCStorage Connector is uninstalled. Still not working properly.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors