Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
anandv267
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,331
Message 61 of 69

Re: WiFi on ThinkPad Yoga stops working after a few minutes [Solved]

I have kind of solved the problem now. I reverted back to the driver version which came with factory settings. 
My 2.4GHz does not disconnect now but i have not tried the 5GHz
Which version of the wifi driver are you using.

LLLLLLLLL
Paper Tape
Views: 2,329
Message 62 of 69

I'll have to check later as I don't have my AC adapter so the component won't even show up to check in the device manager :/ How did you get the old version of the driver to use?
anandv267
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,328
Message 63 of 69

Go to device manager and right click on the network adapter and revert the driver version

LLLLLLLLL
Paper Tape
Views: 2,320
Message 64 of 69

Thanks! I rebooted a couple times (as someone else said they had to do) and the adapter showed back up. I noted the driver version before rolling back and then reset some of the power settings, just in case. I was on : 10/31/2013 16.6.2.0, and now I'm on : 16.6.0.8 and things are working over 20 minutes so far. Thanks for the suggestions!
thinkpadfreak
Token Ring
Views: 2,283
Message 65 of 69

I created a new thread without discoverying this one first. Apologies.

But it sounds that i am suffering the exact same problem (not the discover.exe issue). When the wireless gets disconnected abruptly, it sees no wirelesss networks to connect, and going to device manager to disable it causes task manager to crash. restarting it occasionally helps, but i can restart my laptop 9-10 times in a row to no avail, with the laptop not even detecting the wlan card at all (nothing shows up on device manager).

it's really frustrating. I requested a wlan card to be sent to me as warranty is still valid, but lenovo has send 3 emails that my card is being backordered. it's really saddening that the thinkpad series is getting so problematic this past few years. i really do think that this thinkpad yoga is the last straw for me (the buttonless clickpad is totally horrid). i've been using thinkpads since my first laptop (the R500). but starting from X220 to my tp yoga, everything is bad....... i am only using thinkpad due to nostalgia now, but it's no longer worth it.

Sheargolden5
Paper Tape
Views: 965
Message 66 of 69

I see that this is an old thread, however here in 2017 with my lenovo ideapad (still within its 12 month warranty term), I am experiencing the identical problem however there are now no software applications by the names described in any of the solutions.  Is anyone able to shed light on this? My computer is basically redundant with this issue. Thank you.

gnickturner
Paper Tape
Views: 644
Message 67 of 69

I suffered for years with this issue. Googling many times. At long last I found a solution that took less than 5 minutes to implement.

Problem statement:

Home WIFI works great with Dell Laptop, iPads, Phone, TV and Satellite box. When using my work provided Lenovo Laptop after a period of 5 to 30 minutes the home WIFI is reduced to a trickle (for example: 0.2Mbps up and 0.07 down) or a complete halt. This laptop works fine on office and coffee shop WIFI. So, is it the router, the laptop or how they work together that is the issue?

When I used my smartphone mobile hotspot I do not have that issue.

Removing the Lenovo from the WIFI network solves the connection problem for all other devices within a minute or two.

After retiring I purchased a new Lenovo lap top and that has the same issue. So, is it a Lenovo problem? Well the Dell had an update and it started doing the same thing.

The work laptop was Win7. The Dell and new Lenovo are Win10.

Drilling into the issue:

ISP tech support had a few suggestions that did not work. Lenovo support forums provided nothing of help except “make sure the drivers are up to date”.

Most Google searches suggested 2 solutions both of which failed: updating laptop drivers and changing the WIFI Channel used on the router.

The solution that worked:

Eventually Google searches came up with a solution that worked for me. It is the WIFI “mode”. The router supports 802.11b/g/n – the Laptops 802.11a/b/g. So I simply set the router and laptops to the overlapping modes only: 802.11 b/g.  

Hnxx
What's DOS?
Views: 584
Message 68 of 69

I had same issue on my lenovo age 15.

But i didn't find any dicovery.exe or Lenovo EMC storage conneter.. 

I am running windos 10..

Can any one help

iHateLenovoEMC
Paper Tape
Views: 203
Message 69 of 69

been struggling with this issue for months! finally!!

this brought down my whole building's network, any tim hortons or starbucks that I go to it brings down the wi-fi network, and recently i moved back home and my wi-fi network at home. After changing ISPs multiple times, changing routers, calling service technicians, googling for hours on end, it was this LenovoEMC culprit!!!!! Cannot believe it...absolutely ridiculous!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors