Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RunSilent23
Punch Card
Views: 2,249
Message 41 of 69

Re: WiFi on ThinkPad Yoga stops working after a few minutes [Solved]

I have the ThinkPad Yoga S1 and have posted on this thread a few times.  The EMC Storage connector issue was fixed a few months ago.  My wireless connection is one of the best in our office now.  Let's make sure of a couple of things first.  1) Do you have the 17.0.2.5 driver installed when you look at Device Manager?  2) Have you run the Lenovo Solution Center-System-Software updates to make sure you have the latest BIOS and critical drivers?

If the answer to both questions is yes, I would troubleshoot the problem to look for conflicts.  For example, do you have Bluetooth running at the same time or when you open Task Manager, is there a program running that is using a significant amount of resources.  Try shutting them down and see if that makes a difference. 

namarias
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,241
Message 42 of 69

Hi I did not have the EMC controller which seems to be the culprit in the majority of the Yoga wi-fi problems.

I decided that if that is not the issue then the wireless driver itself may be.

I first downloaded the Intel Wireless-N 7260 driver for my Yoga (64 bit for win 8.1) and then uninstalled, rebooted, reinstalled and then connected back to wi-fi.

It worked perfectly for the FIRST 2 days and then bean giving me problems occasionally. It is far better than before where it dropped every 10 minutes. I have ordered a replacement of the WI-FI hardware itself as it is under warranty. Will let you know if the new piece helps.

jlsanchez
Paper Tape
Views: 2,229
Message 43 of 69

I performed all recommendations with no luck.  I actually bought a couple of TP-LINK wifi usb adapters a while back for a project and I decided to install one on the YOGA.  Guess what, no problems what so ever.  I wonder if Lenovo can send me a different model of the wifi adapter 7260AC which has cause us so much pain?  I will call in on monday and ask if this is possible since it is still under warranty.  Wish me LUCK...

amir_ace2000
Paper Tape
Views: 2,179
Message 44 of 69

Dear Lenovo 

The same problme i am facing in my Yoga S1 , that my wifi speed slows down after few hours , i removed Lenovo EMC storage but still same problem , i am using win 8 pro , please help me to solve this problem , tell me some other tips to get rid of this problem , i bought this new notebook but i am not able to enjoy from it . Can i load win 7 pro in this , can i get the supported drivers and downgrade media .

amir_ace2000
Paper Tape
Views: 2,165
Message 45 of 69

HI , 

I tried your solution , and it works , but for just a day and after few hours same problem of wifi comes again , can you please tell me that what more i can do to solve this issue ,really its very painful when yuor new does'nt work . 

Amir.

@neodymium wrote:

I experienced a bizarre problem today and although I've resolved it now I thought I'd post it here just in case someone else experiences the same issue.

The issue was in regards to WiFi not working properly on my Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga S1. After a restart my computer's internet (with WiFi on) would work for a few minutes then it would stop. Long story short, I tried various things, and even uninstalled Norton and other software which I thought may have been a culprit but still the same issue. I also used a USB to Ethernet port (since there is no built in Ethernet port in the ThinkPad Yoga) and connected my computer with a cable and disabled the WiFi to see if it was the wireless hardware not working. Unfortunately still the same issue.

Finally I noticed in the Windows Task Manager a process called "Discover.exe". It turned out this was using some noticeable amount of CPU and wondered what this was doing as I hadn't seen that before. I found out that this was a piece of software bundled in with my computer called Lenovo EMC Storage Connector. I'm not sure why it was running but I ended this process.

Viola, suddenly my internet was working again! This time no problems.

I uninstalled this software utility to make sure this doesn't cause this issue again.

I can't understand why Lenovo bundles this software but this seems to have a serious defect and has cost me hours of trying to work out what was going wrong.

I hope this is helpful to someone else who might have this issue.

caspare
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,122
Message 46 of 69

@juzraai wrote:

Hi all again, and thanks @tbirdjeff for the answer!

I also had the problem with only my router at home. Switching the channels didn't work for me, but switching wireless mode on the router from b/g/n to b/g solved the problem permanently, I haven't had wifi problems for weeks now. Smiley Happy (I found this solution here, in comment #26.)

Mysteriously, that actually works... for now.

Thanks Lenovo for the great community you have to solve the problems you initially create.

j3oomerang
Paper Tape
Views: 1,875
Message 47 of 69

I don't know why this is marked as solved. I did a fresh install of winpro8.1 and I have issues when using bluetooth and wifi. I have the latest drivers and I keep getting drops. There is no EMC software on my laptop, so I can't remove that. I haven't tried disabling certain wifi bands and channels on my TPY or router because that's not an acceptable solution. What should I do? 

aexek
Paper Tape
Views: 1,855
Message 48 of 69

Please try the solution from

"littlebo [Aug 12, 2014 4:17 AM]"

https://communities.intel.com/thread/48351?start=15&tstart=0

Thanks,

Evgeny

j3oomerang
Paper Tape
Views: 1,819
Message 49 of 69

That didn't work either unfortunately. If I disable my bluetooth, it works fine. I used a bluetooth dongle from my old laptop and the wifi works fine with that. I've only been testing it with the dongle for a little bit but I'm pretty sure it will be fine based on the speedtest.net test. When doing a speed test with the native BT and wifi on, it barely goes past 1.xmbps and gets stuck and the speed just starts falling. With the BT dongle and native wifi I get a solid consistent speed throughout the speedtest at 30mbps+. 

So something is not playing nice between the native BT and WIfi. This is super frustrating, I was happy to finally have a laptop with built in BT so I wouldn't have to use the dongle anymore and now I'm back to using it.

Any ideas?

eeeee
What's DOS?
Views: 1,473
Message 50 of 69

Hi Mark,  I was hoping you might be able to help me.  I have tried calling the lenovo help line 50+ times and every time it just rings out and since there is no email address to send a message to i am left to spend my time going through the forums. 

I bought a lenovo ideapad 11S in May'14 and have experienced connectivity issues.  basically it won't even recognize my home network or any network for that matter.  I know its not a network issue as every other device, including another computer, find it fine.

I tried the software updates but none of the options suggested exist on mine.  i restart several times and once out of about 4 tries the network will work but only temporarily.

any solutions? 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors