Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
netski
What's DOS?
Views: 802
Message 1 of 2

Wifi drops when I connect to an external monitor

I bought my Lenovo Yoga 900S a while back and totally love it, no complaints. Then I received my LG 22M38A monitor this lunchtime and the fun began...

I have a VGA to USB adapter, and every time I connect to the laptop my wifi disappears. And I don't meant that it just drops and I have to reconnect, it even disappears completely from the available networks. 

It's not my broadband - that still works on other devices. It's not even the monitor, as I can plug that in direct with the VGA cable to another, older laptop we have in the house. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the wireless device drivers but that didn't seem to help (but I did notice that when I connect the monitor the Device Manager seems to flicker, as if it's running a new hardware scan).

Does anyone have any ideas? It's driving me totally nuts. I don't know if I should just try buying a replacement adapter, or returning the whole monitor :-(

Thanks

A

Chir
What's DOS?
Views: 684
Message 2 of 2

Re: Wifi drops when I connect to an external monitor

Hi, same problem here with Yoga 14. 

Once I plug the hdmi cable to connect external monitor - wifi drops. And when I unplug the hdmi cable - the connection restores. 

Any ideas? I need to use the external monitor. 

Thanks 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors