Did you mean: 
giantqtipz
Paper Tape
Views: 740
Message 1 of 4

Windows update failed, stuck in loop, cant delete updates in safe mode

hi guys!

hope everyone's doing well.

before i delve into the big issue, have a minor question.

last night i was trying to update some drivers and the fan started running hot. checked the task manager and the CPU usage was 100% it was scary. anyway, i stopped the task, but the fan was running pretty wild for a good 3-5 minutes. how damaging was this to the overall condition of the laptop? hope not too bad or not at all heh..

ok so shortly after, i updated 2 things, BIOS, and Windows update.

it was late at night, i figured it would finish when i wake up, but nope, the update install was stuck. Then i restarted the computer, and got a message saying that update failed, and reverting to old changes (something along those lines).

i cant seem to get out from that message. so i went into safe mode, and tried to delete the updates one at a time, and for some reason, i cant!

now im clueless. i dont have a recovery image or cd heh... i should really set a recovery point before updating... need to remind myself to do that.

i tried to troubleshoot the updates, but windows can't fix the problems either..

how can i fix this?

Jasoonnmp
802.11n
Views: 729
Message 2 of 4

Re: Windows update failed, stuck in loop, cant delete updates in safe mode

I actually have the same issue with my PC - Desktop. 

Where it'll start installing then once at 80% it'll start reverting. It gets annoying, I have suspicions that it's cause I upgraded my GPU from a HD 7400 series to a GTX 750 Ti. So I think my when I tried doing updates it was still trying to update the non-existant HD 7400 GPU and causing my installation to fail. 

I'm curious to know if maybe this is a Hardware issue verses software ! 

i5 - 3450 3.4 GHz / 2TB HDD / 32GB MEMORY / GTX 750Ti GPU
giantqtipz
Paper Tape
Views: 657
Message 3 of 4

Bump. Need help please

I managed to get ir running when i disable everything on msconfig. But then the laptop becomes half dead. Also i cant delete the updates when i disable all services. It says there are no updates installed
giantqtipz
Paper Tape
Views: 648
Message 4 of 4

Sorry, i have the yoga 12.5

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors