Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jensen010
Punch Card
Views: 734
Message 1 of 15

X380 Yoga - Camera driver is corrupt

Hello,

I am a support engineer for our organization. I've recently tested 15-20 of our X380's and found that the Integrated camera will not activate, and has an error in the driver, as shown in the attached screenshot. Is there a known fix for this? Installing the driver listed on your site, and any listed in the software matrix for the specified device type (20LJ) yields no different results.

And we also have 1500 of these coming this week to be prepped for deployment...

Please let me know what the fix is Smiley Happy

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 701
Message 2 of 15

Re: X380 Yoga - Camera driver is corrupt

Hello Jensen010,

I can certainly pass this information along and request the situation be looked into. It would help if you could please send me the serial number of one system on which you have experienced this by private message. Knowing the serial number will enable us to identify exactly which camera hardware is installed on your system.

Could you also provide us with some steps to reproduce, is it just a case of powering the on system and then activating the camera or using a specific application.

Thanks in advance

Andy

English Community Leader

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Deutsche Community Comunidad en Español English Community Русскоязычное Сообщество Communidade Portugues

jensen010
Punch Card
Views: 687
Message 3 of 15

Certainly, I wll send you a serial right now.

The steps to reproduce are downloading either r0sc406w - Integrated_IR Camera Driver for Realtek- 10 [64] / Integrated_IR Camera Driver for Sunplus- 10 [64] and installing. One of the drivers for Sunplus is listed as failing at the last step of the install process, and device manager shows the previously linked screenshots.

I have also tried older drivers for a handful of older models, but with no luck

Aeroe
Paper Tape
Views: 583
Message 4 of 15

Hello,

I have exactly the same problem, when applying my custom image.

Any solution so far?

Brgds

Jan

jensen010
Punch Card
Views: 566
Message 5 of 15

It appears to be an incompatibility between the edition of Windows the driver was written for, and the edition we are deploying. Lenovo is working on a fix, which I will link here when it's ready (assuming that's ok with themSmiley Happy

You may want to send a PM to the mod up above with some specifics, screenshots of the device manager, driver version numbers, and Hardware ID's, along with the Windows version you're deploying.
Aeroe
Paper Tape
Views: 524
Message 6 of 15

Ok and thanks Smiley Happy

Brgds Jan

pwins
Paper Tape
Views: 473
Message 7 of 15

I was imaging with Windows 10 1607...is that what you all were using as well?  Is there a timeline on a fix?

Aeroe
Paper Tape
Views: 463
Message 8 of 15

Same for me. My base image is Windows 10 v.1607 as well.

Created a new windows 10 v.1709 image from scratch and it's working fine.....

My users want their new toys, so no time to wait around for 1607 driver compatibility Smiley Frustrated

Brgds

Jan

pwins
Paper Tape
Views: 407
Message 9 of 15

All,

Lenovo sent me this: https://kb.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/HT506542   as a fix... I am testing now

jensen010
Punch Card
Views: 405
Message 10 of 15

I got a similar fix from them, though I was asked not to make it public due to it being a testing driver. Last word was that they were working on getting a production version ready.

The super technical cause is that Microsoft changed some WMI settings in 1709, and many drivers were affected by this. I ran into a few articles about other vendors facing the same issue.

Hooray Bi-annual updates! Smiley Happy
Top Kudoed Authors