Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MukMuk
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 530
Message 1 of 4

YOGA 260 CTRL key problem

I have been using this Yoga 260 (Windows 10/64bits) with touch screen for the last 2 years without any problem.  Since the past Sunday, I noticed that the system would hung up or frozon when I used certain CRTL key functions, such as, CTRL-C, -V, -Z, -X.  First noticed it while doing PPT (2013).  Same thing happends with any Word, excel, and other apps.   I could only power down and power up the laptop once it hung up.  I ran Lenovo Solution and Lenovo Vantage, and it passed all the tests.  I made sure that I have the most up-to-date BIOS, and OS.  The problem is still there.  I then used an external USB keyboard.  No problem at all then.  As soon as I used the laptop keyboard, and press CTRL-C or other CTRL-combination, then the system would hung up.  Hardware problem?  Any suggestion how to fix the problem?

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 505
Message 2 of 4

Re: YOGA 260 CTRL key problem

Do you have the same problem with both left and right CNTRL buttons? 

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
MukMuk
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 497
Message 3 of 4

Thanks for asking! 

Honestly, I didn't try to use the right hand CTRL key to see if it would hangup the system.  After I had posted the question, I downloaded a keyboard test app, and it shows that the codes generated by the laptop keyboard are all correct.  With the same test app, then I tried to press CRTL-C repeatedly, but slowly, everytime the code was correct, but by the fifth time, the system hungup. 

Since the keyboard test, I returned to using Excel for testing.  After entering some characters in a cell, I then copied the value to another cell.  Again, the system would crash.  And it would give me the Blue Screen with error messages.  I got two different kinds of error messages:

- "Windows 10 crashing on IRQL Not less or Equal Error", or

- "stop codeSmiley TongueAGE fault in nonpaged area"

I followed the instructions by "tamara_sadel" and "SpiritX MS MVP" on:

"https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/windows-stopcode-error/5a3e..."

and generated the three log files and MSINFO32 files.  But the problem still there.

Any suggestion what should i do to fix the problem?  Any other info is needed to help me troubleshoot?

MukMuk
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 467
Message 4 of 4

Problem fixed.

I did the "chkdsk /f /r"  then followed by "sfc /scannow" which took about 4 hours to complete.

After that, the CTRL-key problem is gone.  But, MS Outlook was not to able to load.  I uninstalled the MS Office, and reinstall it again.

The problem is gone.  The system runs stable in the last two days without a problem!

Thanks again for trying to help!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors