11-22-2019

GB

4 Signins

34 Page Views

• Views: 34
  • Message 1 of 2

YOGA 520-14IKB (81C8) Laptop - Black or Flickering White Screen Issue

2019-11-23, 15:15 PM

Okay great machine when its working, after 10 months screen started with White flickering screen, returned under warranty and LCD Module replaced. 1 month later same problem and shop tech guy had a look said it was an update issue and it appeared to be okay for the next 5 months, now its worse than the first time as the screen also goes between totally Black or flashing White screen.

Using an external screen as it’s the only way I can access laptop, I searched this forum and done all the recommended fixes such as checking windows updates, Bios and Driver updates, also the one on starting up in safe-mode to check screen all with no resolution. What I have noticed is that when started from cold it works fine but after a couple off minuets it starts to flicker then after about 5 min screen goes totally. Possible heat or expansion issue?

Now from what I have gleaned from the forum, this indicates a hardware issue, question is what or where in the hardware is the problem as this appears to be a common fault and you would expect Lenovo to have somewhere a more definitive explanation and how its fixed. Or is the screen connector the problem after reading the comments on this video [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmSeKcFg3xU] and was replacing the LCD Module a red hearing and was re-fixing the connector during the repair, is what fixed the flickering screen?

Options

379 Posts

11-04-2019

PH

114 Signins

4667 Page Views

• Views: 4667
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: YOGA 520-14IKB (81C8) Laptop - Black or Flickering White Screen Issue

2019-11-25, 20:20 PM

Hi ,

Welcome to the Community,

In regards to the display that flickers, Since you already made the necessary updates on the computer, the easiest way to determine if needs a repair is to try to tilt the screen back and forth to see if the issue will occur.

If it does, then  a loose LCD cable or connector would be the culprit, If not then it's possible that the GPU may be the Issue. 

If it's still under the warranty call your local support for repair options, if not visit local service center for repair options as well.

Jeremy

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebppl and Twitter!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save