Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FuZZuk
Fanfold Paper
Views: 6,840
Message 1 of 14

Yoga 11e TouchPad Issue

My new Yoga 11e often boots with the touch pad not working. A restart by using the touch screen and it works again...

I've got the newest drivers installed. And Windows 8.1 x64 is fully updated.

On the occasions when it doesn't work, there are several Event ID 219 errors (task category 212) in the System Event Log.

These refer to to following - :

'The driver \Driver\WUDFRd failed to load for the device ROOT\SYSTEM\0002'

'The driver \Driver\WUDFRd failed to load for the device ROOT\SYSTEM\0003'

'The driver \Driver\WUDFRd failed to load for the device ROOT\SYSTEM\0004'

'The driver \Driver\WUDFRd failed to load for the device ROOT\SYSTEM\0005'

'The driver \Driver\WUDFRd failed to load for the device ROOT\SYSTEM\0006'

'The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device HID\ITE8386&Col02\4&3a253277&0&001'

This is the order they appear in - with the 0002 happening first. Note the different caps on the last one - thats as per Event Log.

I've set the Windows Driver Foundation - User-mode Driver Framework' service to Automatic. This is listed as 'Automatic (Trigger Start)'.

But the problem still occurs -  mainly after the laptop have been turned off for more than 10 minutes.

Anyone else noticed this problem?

FuZZuk
Fanfold Paper
Views: 6,743
Message 2 of 14

Re: Yoga 11e TouchPad Issue

UPDATE

After innocently installing the suggested Power Management Driver update via the Lenovo System Update application Windows 8 completely killed itself and I had to use the recovery USB stick I made to Refresh windows and get it working again!

That's really disappointing Lenovo - and quite ridiculous that a suggested update should break the laptop so easily.

After this the SYSTEM errors vanished - so I've linked those errors to the Logitech Anywhere MX mouse I was using.

This mouse has not been reconnected....

The trackpad still fails to function though - with the same error in Event Log.

Going to run all the main updates (apart from the Power Management one!) in System Updates and see what happens.

FuZZuk
Fanfold Paper
Views: 6,736
Message 3 of 14

Everything updated as the Lenovo System Update suggests... apart from the Power Management Driver known to break Windows.

Still get the Event Log error for the HID in the original post.

FuZZuk
Fanfold Paper
Views: 6,728
Message 4 of 14

Just sniffed out the final Lenovo update... The Settings Dependency Package.

This was suggested by the Settings App on the Start screen.... after this was applied the SYSTEM errors in the original post are back!

So apologies due to Logitech!

So it's all Lenovo and thier preinstalled applications.

Smiley Sad

FuZZuk
Fanfold Paper
Views: 6,725
Message 5 of 14

Unistalled the Settings App and the Settings Dependency Package - the SYSTEM errors in the original post are gone and the laptop seems a lot more responsive.

FuZZuk
Fanfold Paper
Views: 6,705
Message 6 of 14

Touchpad still doesn't work after turning the 11e on after its been shutdown and left off for 10 minutes...

If noone else has this problem or suggestions for a fix to try then I suppose its a hardware fault and I'll return it to Lenovo.
FuZZuk
Fanfold Paper
Views: 6,678
Message 7 of 14

Rang support and it's going in for repair....

floriazell
Fanfold Paper
Views: 6,652
Message 8 of 14

I have the same problem on the lenovo thinkpad yoga (windows). The HID-drivers are broken and when I isntall all the suggested Installations from Lenovo the laptop crashs

FuZZuk
Fanfold Paper
Views: 6,649
Message 9 of 14

Is this every boot?

Or when it's been turned off for over an hour?

My problem occurs when the laptop has been off - i.e. shut down - for over an hour. It's hard to pinpint the actual minimum time needed, but when the problem occurs and the computer rebooted the touchpad works.

More reboots and it's still working - but leave it off for a while and the problem is back.

The Lenovo tech guy spoke to suggested increasing the hybernation file size to match the installed RAM.

For Windows 8.1, right click the Start button on the Desktop and open the Admin command prompt, then type:

powercfg -h -size 100

And reboot.

By default, WIndows 8.x sets this to be 75% of the installed RAM - so ALL the RAM isn't captured at 'shutdown'.

He said this might help because Windows 8.1 hybernates the kernal to help with Faststart.

It didn't though.... and I was tempted to disable Faststart completely and try, but he then had a rethink and decided the laptop needed warranty repair!

Either way, people shouldn't have to fiddle and disrupt Windows 8.1 features to get thier computer working - so in a way I'm glad it went in for formal warranty repair.

FuZZuk
Fanfold Paper
Views: 6,594
Message 10 of 14

After checking the repair department it turns out the 11e needs a new keyboard assembly and motherboard!

So pretty much as broken as it could be.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors