Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nick152
What's DOS?
Views: 981
Message 1 of 3

Yoga 12 - USB 3.0 driver and digitizer/pen support

Hello,

I purchased two new Yoga 12 notebooks and have tried to wipe and install my own volume license version of Windows 8.1. I downloaded the drivers from the support site and installed all but am getting problems with the xHCI USB 3.0 controller. The driver always shows as failed state. 

When I try to go and download the xHCI driver as a standalone driver it shows as only available for Windows 7. When I try to install it I always get the error "This product does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software".

At this point I do not have USB 3.0 and my digitizer pen does not work when touching the screen. My other notebook does work, but I have not installed my copy of Windows 8.1 on it. The driver must be somewhere, can someone point me in the right direction?

I already tried to use system update but all it found was some bios update and wifi drivers. I really need to get the pen to work. If you touch the screen it works fine, its just the pen and apparently USB 3.0.

My model is 20DL003AUS.

Thanks,

n152

yipcw
Token Ring
Views: 945
Message 2 of 3

Re: Yoga 12 - USB 3.0 driver and digitizer/pen support

@nick152 wrote:

... wipe and install my own volume license version of Windows 8.1. I downloaded the drivers from the support site and installed all but am getting problems with the xHCI USB 3.0 controller. The driver always shows as failed state. 

When I try to go and download the xHCI driver as a standalone driver....

did you sysprep'red the box after installing volume license Windows?  

after we did that process (never that reliable anyway), we have one box that got exact same problem with USB like you mentioned

we just gave up after working on it for a while, and re-image it from another machine with working load, (faster that way) it works fine since then.

sorry can't be more help.  just want to know you are not alone.

nick152
What's DOS?
Views: 944
Message 3 of 3

Re: Yoga 12 - USB 3.0 driver and digitizer/pen support

Yes, part of my imaging solution forces a sysprep of the device.

Glad to know I'm not the only one.

Does anyone know where to get the right driver ?

n152

Top Kudoed Authors