Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 219
Message 11 of 13

Re: Yoga 12 and compatible m.2 SSD

@DasFreshMaker wrote:

Nope.

Didn't work.  Don't see the ssd in the bios, nor in windows.   Smiley Sad

So what the heck can I put in there ?  I tried to contact Lenovo but they won't answer me as the device is out of warranty.

If it's the SSD in your Lexar link,  that's m.2 NVMe, not m.2  SATA.  As previously stated - and linked - the slot in your laptop is m.2 SATA - NOT mSATA AND NOT NVMe.

[edit to add] I'm sorry I didn't catch that earlier Smiley Sad  I thought the confusion was m.2 SATA vs mSATA and didn't even follow that 2nd link.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Türkçe    Moto English

DasFreshMaker
Punch Card
Views: 190
Message 12 of 13

Good point.  

I may have missed that in the earlier response (msata vs. m.2 sata)

So back to this one:

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1083298-REG/transcend_ts256gmts400_256gb_mts400_sata_iii.html

Checks all the boxes:  m.2 sata III.  Not as high of storage capacity as I would like, but will just have to compensate buy getting a larger 2.5" ssd.

Smiley Happy

DasFreshMaker
Punch Card
Views: 118
Message 13 of 13

Confirmed.

That one works like a charm.  Bios sees it, and when I went into Disk Manager I just had to add the volume and format it.

Now to replace the 240gb 2.5" ssd w/ a 500gb.  Smiley Happy

Appreciate the help from all.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors