Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Holmes
What's DOS?
Views: 143
Message 1 of 2

Yoga 12 has stopped finding new wifi networks

Suddenly my Yoga 12 refuses to list all available wifi networks.  It only lists networks that I have used before, like my cellphone hotspot.  It will not list any new networks, like the Panera Bread or the Pete's I just walked into.  I am sitting in a very commercial area, and there should be at least 12-15 networks showing on the list.  But the only one itI can connect to is my cellphone.   And yes, my wifi adapter is up to date, I just updated the driver.  No change.  

Guru
Views: 118
Message 2 of 2

Re: Yoga 12 has stopped finding new wifi networks

Hi Holmes.

I don't have your machine, my only ideas or suggestions are:

1) Try to remove the device (Windows Device Manager) with a right click select "Uninstall" and select "Delete the driver software for this device". After that reinstall the driver againt.

2) Just in case check if getting closer to the router works at all. If moving it improves, maybe it can be something related to the antenna.

3) Maybe you can try something not official approved by Lenovo like finding an update driver for it. For example sometimes I use "DriverEasy" to find newer wifi drivers on my machines. Only use this if you feel confortable installing/uninstalling drivers on your machine.

This is what it cames to my mind right now. Sorry it is not too much.

Regards

Martín Itúrbide
OS2World.com NewsMaster
Self-proclaimed Trackpoint Fan Club President
"Don't Panic" 
Wil Wheaton
Remember: Your Friend Wil Declares....
Please click "Kudos" for Ego Boost !!

Top Kudoed Authors