03-28-2018 10:58 AM
My touchpad and trackpoint disables after short usage. Max working time is about an hour, typically much less. Sometimes the keyboard has some delay but usually it works fine. The touchscreen works always.
Occastinally the pointers come back for a while.
So far I have tried:
- Updated everything possible from Lenovo support page
- Updated BIOS
- Removed Synaptics driver 188.8.131.52. It reinstalled automatically.
- Uninstalled every software I could
- Disabled startup programs
- Compared processes, memory and CPU from task manager when workin and during the issue
- Reinstalled Windows
- Checked that a bluetooth USB mouse works fine
- There is no difference if running on battery or with a cord
- Disabled either the touchpad or the trackpoint
Seems to me like a driver issue.
One anomaly in the drivers. The installed driver 184.108.40.206 date says 16.1.2018 but the support page gives the date 8.2.2018 for the same version.