Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mrmartin
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,329
Message 1 of 26

Yoga 14 (1st gen) Clickpad/Trackpad Replacement

Hello,

On my 1st gen Thinkpad Yoga 14 (20DM000VUS) running Windows 10 (64-bit) I, like many other people here, hated the "new" clickpad compared to the classic trackpad. I've followed this thread pretty carefully:

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-S-Series-ThinkPad-Yoga/Switch-ThinkPad-Yoga-Clickpad-with-new-...

And decided to do it for myself. Hardware-wise, switching it out was a breeze. But since that thread really deals with the Yoga 11, the driver modifications haven't worked for me. I was able to get the classic clickpad to work (buttons and all) using the generic Synaptics driver pack available on their site, but in doing so it ruins the Lenovo tweaks, specifically the conversion to tablet mode. When I go into tablet mode, it will no longer automatically switch into tablet mode, rotate in tablet mode (after manually turning it on), or the biggest problem, disable the trackpad when in tablet mode.

Has anyone been able to sucessfully make this switch or could someone help me try to make this work the way it should? I would really appreciate it!

Guru
Views: 2,291
Message 2 of 26

Re: Yoga 14 (1st gen) Clickpad/Trackpad Replacement

Hi.

I have a TP Yoga 14 - 20DM008UUS. It came originally with the "Touchpad with clickable buttons" and all works correctly with you switch to tablet mode, tent mode, etc.  But mine does not uses a Synaptics touchpad, it is an ALPs one.

2015-11-24 21_07_44-Lenovo Companion.png

Can you share the FRU of the new Touchpad (Keyboard?) you installed on you TP 14 (1st gen) ? Did you check other model "Maintenance manual" to find the FRU? It can be interesting if you can try the drivers of the touchpad of the machine model from where you took the FRU.

This is a very interesting MOD for your TP 14, it can be nice if you can also post pictures of you work !!

Regards

Martín Itúrbide
OS2World.com NewsMaster
Self-proclaimed Trackpoint Fan Club President
"Don't Panic" 
Wil Wheaton
Remember: Your Friend Wil Declares....
Please click "Kudos" for Ego Boost !!

mrmartin
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,288
Message 3 of 26

Thanks for the reply. Ah, you have the 2nd gen one that was released only a few months after mine with the Alps driver. I did try that driver as well, but it wouldn't install at all. I didn't take note of the FRU before installing it, but here is what I purchased:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/THINKPAD-S3-YOGA-S3-S5-YOGA-TOUCH-S5-YOGA-touchpad-three-keys-Button-Click-/...

I can't seem to attach photos yet, so here is hardware ID for the touchpad: http://i63.tinypic.com/dtm9v.jpg

Guru
Views: 2,277
Message 4 of 26

Hi

It will be easier with the trackpad FRU number....

It says it is also the one from the Thinkpad Helix. Maybe you can try this driver for Windows 10.

http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/thinkpad-helix-series-laptops/thinkpad...

Regards

Martín Itúrbide
OS2World.com NewsMaster
Self-proclaimed Trackpoint Fan Club President
"Don't Panic" 
Wil Wheaton
Remember: Your Friend Wil Declares....
Please click "Kudos" for Ego Boost !!

mrmartin
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,259
Message 5 of 26

That is the n1cgx11w driver that I have been recently working with. I was going into the SynPD.inf file to modify what the computer would install by changing the group reference. From what I can tell, my first gen Yoga 14 falls in Lenovo "group 26," but making some tweaks like what was suggested in the Yoga 11 forum doesn't work. I get it to install, I can see the clickpad options, but they are greyed out. I'm 99% there, but there is just something off. Here is my modified text from the SynPD (bolded is what I added):

[LENOVO_GROUP26_InterTouch_Win8_Inst]
Include=msmouse.inf
FeatureScore = 0xF9
Needs=PS2_Inst
CopyFiles = CopyFiles_Drivers,CopyFiles_System,CopyFiles_ProgFiles,CopyFiles_ProgFilesWow64,CopyFiles_SysWOW64,CopyFiles_Lenovo_Ultranav_Shortcut
AddReg = Common_AddReg, StdUI_AddReg, IBM0057_AddReg, UXUI_AddReg, Group13, SGS_functions, ShowApplicationGestures, Enable2FScrollingAnd2FEdgeMotion_AddReg, StartingZoneAspectRatio, MultiFingerPalmCheck, MultiFingerPalmCheck_UI, Adjust_MultiFingerPalmCheck_UI, MainUIRearrange, ImageClickPadOmniModeStdUI_AddReg, AutoAspectRatio_AddReg, ReOrganizeTreeSequence_For_ClickPad, PalmCheckFilterSettings, AdjustUI_AddReg, Disable_ChiralRotate_AddReg, InterTouch_ClickPad_Settings_AddReg, RMIPassThrough_AddReg, Hide_Win8_ScrollingMagnifyingGlass, StickButtonsOnTP_AddReg, Adjust2F_and_1F_MomentumValue_AddReg, ClickSmart_AddReg, SkipClickWhenGestureProcess_AddReg, DisableOneFingerScroll_WithEdgeMotionAndChiral_AddReg, Hide_MultiFingerPalmCheck_CheckBox_AddReg, UseSensorCoord_AdjustZoneSizes_2_Addreg, Hide2FingerDoubleTapUI_AddReg, DisableEnableDeviceByLidCloseOpen_AddReg, SetSlaveButtonZoneSizes_2_AddReg, ActivateDisableDeviceViaGpio_AddReg, EdgeMotion_Adjust_Speed_Only_Help_Text, LENOVO_UXUIControls_AddReg, ACM2_Parameter_Adjust_AddReg, EnableGroupFilter_AddReg, TurnOnEdgeTapFilter_AddReg, TurnOffGestureFilter_AddReg, Disable_Edge_Pull_AddReg, Disable_Rotate_UXUI_AddReg, Disable_3FVHScrolling_UXUI_AddReg, Disable_4FVHScrolling_UXUI_AddReg, AdjustStickMethodAndSpeedFactor_AddReg, Set_3P2BCP_Feature_AddReg
DelReg = Common_DelReg, IBM0057_DelReg

P.S. Happy Thanksgiving!

dontpokethebear
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,246
Message 6 of 26

HOLY CRAP

I've been trying to get this issue to work as well for MONTHS. Tried t450 drivers, tried new thinkpad drivers, tried thinkpad 15 drivers.... nothing. I even got to solve the problem the same way you did with stock synaptics drivers but, just like you, also got annoyed by the lack of lenovo specific settings. I'll be monitoring this thread real closely for an answer
mrmartin
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,244
Message 7 of 26

I'm glad it is not just me trying to figure this out. I hope a real guru can pick up on this and lend a helping hand to solve the mystery!

mrmartin
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,213
Message 8 of 26

So just a quick update. I was able to uninstall the generic Synaptics driver and use the driver of another Lenovo machine to manually install that has all the buttons and trackpoint work pretty fantastically. When I get home I'll provide which one that is.

The issue NOW is that automatic tablet mode and the rotation does not work. The trackpad also does not disable in tablet mode. And yes, I've checked the easy solutions like "rotation lock" and "automatically swtich to tablet mode."

It seems this has been a problem for a number of Yoga computers, even WITH their native trackpads. I don't know if Lenovo and the drivers just aren't updated yet?

Any thoughts? We only need the tablet mode and the rotation to work, and the program Lenovo Transition also does not fix this.

dontpokethebear
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,206
Message 9 of 26

That seems strange but it'd make sense if the intended machine for the driver wasn't a convertable machine.

What I'm wondering is what problems does this solve? because if I'm right that offers no new functionality apart from the stock synaptics driver other than the novelty of it being distributed by lenovo.

Hopefully this will at least be a sigh that perhaps someday there will be a driver release that "just works" for us.

Ramthecowy
Token Ring
Views: 2,194
Message 10 of 26

Just wanted to make something clear. I haven't had any issues at all with switching different modes in W10v1511. I've got the Synaptics one, too.
Have a good day.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors