cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rowbow
Paper Tape
Views: 185
Message 1 of 2

Yoga 14 (20DM) keyboard shuts down when OS (Windows or Linux) loads, but still works in the BIOS

Hey there,

I currently have a strange issue with my Yoga 14.

Outline

The keyboard shuts down when the OS loads. It works perfectly fine in the BIOS, diagnostic tools and my bootloader (grub), but shuts down immidiately when the OS starts. This issues is not related to a specific OS. The TrackPoint on the keyboard is not affected by this issue. An external usb-keyboard works fine.

What I tried so far

* Did a BIOS update

* Removed the keyboard and re-connected it

* Ran the diagnostics tool to see if there are any hints

* Tried a Windows installation medium to rule out that my bootloader causes the issue

* Tried Arch Linux to rule out that my Ubuntu installation causes the issue

* Lots and lots of reading

Additional Notes

"Debugging" the low-level keyboard input on Linux shows that the keyboard is recognized, but there is absolutely nothing coming from it.

No I am completely clueless on what else I can do. Does somebody have a clue on what might be the issue?

Guru
Views: 138
Message 2 of 2

Re: Yoga 14 (20DM) keyboard shuts down when OS (Windows or Linux) loads, but still works in the BIOS

Hi, welcome to the forums.

I do not have much idea about this issue, but what about when you put the computer to sleep or hibernate. Does the keyboard works to wake it up? or if you wake it up with the button, does the keyboard returns to work normally or it just keep disconnected.

Just in case, Which BIOS version did you have installed?

Regards

Martín Itúrbide
OS2World.com NewsMaster
Self-proclaimed Trackpoint Fan Club President
"Don't Panic" 
Wil Wheaton
Remember: Your Friend Wil Declares....
Please click "Kudos" for Ego Boost !!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors