cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nickajeglin
Paper Tape
Views: 4,228
Message 1 of 6

Yoga 14 (20dm008uus) wacom digitizer stylus?

Hello, I just got a yoga 14, and I see that there is a wacom device in the device manager, as well as a wacom pen configuration application installed. The computer didn't come with a stylus, so I've been trying to find one that will be compatible with this wacom device. So far I've tried lenovo part number 4X80F22110, as well as a wacom bamboo smart stylus, but neither have worked. 

Can  someone clarify what exact type of stylus is required to work with the device in my laptop? Lenovo support wasn't very helpful, nor was wacom's. 

Guru
Views: 4,223
Message 2 of 6

Re: Yoga 14 (20dm008uus) wacom digitizer stylus?

The pen with part number 4X80F22110 as well as the Wacom Bamboo Smart pen are pens that use the Wacom EMR technology.

The ThinkPad Yoga 14 only supports pens that use the Wacom Active ES technology (optionally, as there are some configurations where pens other than those for capacitive touch screens that imitate your finger don't work at all)

As your ThinkPad Yoga 14 seems to support the Wacom Active ES-based pens, you should try the ThinkPad Pen Pro (4X80H34887)

nickajeglin
Paper Tape
Views: 4,220
Message 3 of 6

Thanks for the fast reply. I'm assuming that I wouldn't have drivers for a wacom device if it didn't actually exist, so I'll give  that pen a shot. There's a lot of confusing and outright wrong info out there on what devices use what technology. 

Guru
Views: 4,214
Message 4 of 6

@nickajeglin wrote:

I'm assuming that I wouldn't have drivers for a wacom device if it didn't actually exist, so I'll give  that pen a shot.

That's one strong indicator Smiley Wink

Your system should have been shipped with a notification flyer, stating that “This system supports Active  Pen.”

For more information about the ThinkPad Pen Pro, please have a look at the specifications.

A short video about the ThinkPad Pen Pro:

nickajeglin
Paper Tape
Views: 4,133
Message 5 of 6

What makes me nervous is that my laptop didn't come with the flyer, but does have all of the drivers and configuration programs installed, as well as a wacom user input device in the device manager. I ordered the pen anyways, so I'll report back if it works or not. I'll be very confused if it doesn't. 

nickajeglin
Paper Tape
Views: 4,041
Message 6 of 6

Thanks for the help! The pen arrived today and works perfectly. It's exactly what I was looking for, and the writing experience is excellent. I can confirm that if you have a Wacom driver installed on your yoga 14, the pen will work, even if you didn't get the flier in your box. 

Top Kudoed Authors