Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CptRook
Paper Tape
Views: 410
Message 1 of 3

Yoga 14 ThinkPad 20FY- Cracked Glass- Options

My laptop was dropped and impacted around the black bezel, cracking the edge with cracks fingering across the display. The actual panel seems to be perfectly fine, but obviously the touch isn't working.

The laptop is only a year old, so I'd really rather replace the part than the whole thing if I can. Can just the touch screen/glass be replaced, or will it require replacing the whole assembly?

I purchased the unit open box at a great price, so I'm not averse to potentially replacing the whole assembly.

Thanks for any replies!

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 387
Message 2 of 3

Re: Yoga 14 ThinkPad 20FY- Cracked Glass- Options

The glass is actually to touch digitizer and is bonded to the LCD, so it cannot be replaced separately.  That part can be extracted from the lid, so you don't need the whole lid, but you do need the LCD and glass.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
CptRook
Paper Tape
Views: 290
Message 3 of 3

Re: Yoga 14 ThinkPad 20FY- Cracked Glass- Options

Thanks for the reply, and thats fantastic hear! One last question, what would be the best way to confirm the part number? Many resellers provide R90M7RGL but that doesn't seem to be a Lenovo number, and there are multiple parts listed under "LCD assemblies" on the spare part store for this unit.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors