cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shubhendu1
Paper Tape
Views: 207
Message 1 of 2

Yoga 14 ThinkPad Type 20FY Cracked Screen: What to do?

The screen of my Yoga 14 ThinkPad Type 20FY touchscreen has cracked. I have a few questions on how to replace the screen. 

Serial Number: XXXXXXXX                               Mod edit:  Serial number removed per forum rules

Machine Type Model: 20FY0002US

1. Can I replace the touchscreen with a non-touch screen? It looks like touchscreens are delicate and expensive. I didn't want a touchscreen but Best Buy did not have that in their store. 

2. What is the part number for the screen? I need it to purchase online. Online forums suggest opening the screen to see the part number. Is there a way to see part number using model, and machine type (posted above)? I need part number of non-touch screen, if that will work with the laptop. 

3. What is the cheapest and reliable place to buy a replacement screen? I plan to replace it myself. 

I would be appreciative of your help. 

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 165
Message 2 of 2

Re: Yoga 14 ThinkPad Type 20FY Cracked Screen: What to do?

ALL newer screens are delicate.  Customers want thin laptops and if you want "thin", you also get "delicate". 

I was hoping someone who had taken one apart would respond.  As far as not-touch, I haven't taken that model apart, but I believe the bezel, digitizer and panel are fused together, so you are not going to find a cheap solution.

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
Top Kudoed Authors