Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TexNeil
Paper Tape
Views: 591
Message 1 of 6

Yoga 14 (Type 20FY) Cannot Boot, No Lenovo Logo

Was prompted to update the bios.  During restart the system never rebooted.  It's now in a state where no screen or sound comes.  Just a flash of the keyboard backlight, red i light, and green fn light.  Any suggestion how to bring it back to life?

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 530
Message 2 of 6

Re: Yoga 14 (Type 20FY) Cannot Boot, No Lenovo Logo

Are you still under warranty?  (some are)  If yes, call support.  

Press and hold the power button for 10 seconds..  Any change?  

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
TexNeil
Paper Tape
Views: 523
Message 3 of 6

Thanks, having hard time finding the number.

10 seconds - no change. Turns on and off.
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 508
Message 4 of 6

In U.S. 1-800-426-7378

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
scribbler
Paper Tape
Views: 485
Message 5 of 6

I have the exact same issue. I was prompted to install an urgent bios update by Lenovo software. I did, and it automatically restarted my computer. Except it never booted up again. I get nothing. Total black screen, no Lenovo logo or anything. Just the power light and fn key light are lit. I should note that my computer was plugged in while I performed the update. Current status: dead machine. Lenovo, I'm out of warranty, but everything was fine until your update broke it! I followed all the instructions.

Kymudboi14
Paper Tape
Views: 243
Message 6 of 6

Exactly! Everything was good up to the point of Lenovo's forced update, and of course it's out of warranty now. This is the 3rd time, (first two times under warranty) I've had this happen to this paperweight. It hasn't even been used for a complete year with everything functional since I bought it back in June or July 2015. I want to really like this company and their products, but at this point, I DON'T!! Make a recall on the computer, exchange for a new one or something similar, or give me my money back. It's not going to hurt the deep pockets of Lenovo to keep  (at most a couple thousand) customers content and possibly loyal, by doing what I would consider to be the honorable or correct thing to do.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors