cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BJBBJB
Punch Card
Views: 728
Message 1 of 5

Yoga 14 expresscache - Shipped with Windows 10 and missing?

Greetings.  I have searched and see many postings about upgrading to Windows 10 and issues with express cache.  I understand the process to get it working after an upgrade.

But what I am surpised with is I have a Yoga 14 that shipped with Windows 10, I see the M.2 16GB drive in disk management, however when I run "eccmd.exe -info" it cannot find the file.  I do not even see a directory for Condusiv.

I find it hard to believe that the PC would ship out with the SSD drive in there and no cacheing software installed?

Did they change the cache software? 

Not sure what else to check.  I don't want to assume I need to install it and set it up and mess up something .

Thanks for any help.

BJBBJB

BJBBJB
Punch Card
Views: 696
Message 2 of 5

Re: Yoga 14 expresscache - Shipped with Windows 10 and missing?

Unbelievable...talked to support, they referred me to "premium software support" because they said this was a software question. 

THEY told me I would have to PAY to get an answer on why Lenovo did not install the software that should have been installed.  I can assume I am to install manually....but do I run the cleanup first like those that upgraded?  Do I jsut run the install?  Is there a reason it was not installed?

This is pretty ridiculous.  Any help at all would be most appreciated.

Thanks,

BJBBJB

BJBBJB
Punch Card
Views: 649
Message 3 of 5

Could someone from Lenovo please address this question since phone support can't or won't?

I am trying to be patient but although I use Lenovo for my business needs, this is my first personal purchase of a Lenovo laptop and it is not starting out well....

1) I am fairly certain that I need to isntall expresscache software in order for that SSD to do ANYTHING as it relates to caching.  That being said, I am looking for confirmation from Lenovo.

2) Assuming 1) above is correct, is the right apprach to just install the expresscache software?  Or do I  need to run the expresscache clean-up utility (posted for those that upgraded to Windows 10 themselves) first.

Thanks,

BJBBJB

drobit
What's DOS?
Views: 605
Message 4 of 5

Bump on this issue, I have the same problem.

Can't believe Lenovo would ship laptops with an advertised feature (ssd cache) that doesn't work.

I'm planning on returning mine if I can't find an answer.  Laptop takes 3 minutes to boot into windows 10, ridiculous.

Lenovo, how do windows 10 yoga 14 owners activate the ssd cache?

BJBBJB
Punch Card
Views: 597
Message 5 of 5

I never got a response from Lenovo through any channel but I will share what worked for me which I figured out on my own.

What worked on my Yoga 14 was installing the most recent expresscache download for my device (after verifying that no expresscache software was installed) and just installing it. Of course make sure you have not put any data on the SSD as it will be gone!  Afterwards I ran the command-line test which shows it is working. I did not have to run the expresscache "cleaner" which apparently needs to be run before upgrading the cache if you upgraded to windows 10 and the cache stopped working.   I cannot guarantee this will work for you, but it did for my machine.

Hope that helps.  As far as bootup times, 3 minutes seems very long, even without expresscache mine did not take that long out of the box.  However installing the latest bios and drivers helped mine boot quicker and the expresscache may have helped a bit also.  I also disabled some of the startup items that related to programs I will never use.

Now if you are having a Windows "black screen" during bootup and counting that in your 3 minutes, that could be another issue. With a yoga 12, the touchpad driver can cause it and touching the screen brings it back. On my 14, I had the black screen delay for a few bootups and touching the screen did not help.  Changing a few things back to how they were before the last good boot (changing workgroup back to default, and disabling a dolby task that was erroring out) stopped the black screen. Makes no sense...but worked.

BJBBJB

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors