cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BJBBJB
Punch Card
Views: 333
Message 1 of 5

Yoga 14 latest NVIDIA driver not compatible with latest 1.3 bios?

I am trying to get this Yoga 14 up to date.  First, I was surprised that runs Windows 10 home vs. pro but that is what it is.

However here is my question. The bios on the unit as shipped is 1.2 and is from the JFET43WW family.

The latest bios listed is 1.3 from the R05ETxxW family (per the readme) and the filename is r05uj03ww.  Perhaps this is Lenovo's way, but all the prior bios history for that family is under JFETxxWW. Is this the right bios?

The latest NIVIDA/Intel driver listed states that " *This driver can be only used on ThinkPad S3 Yoga 14 Broadwell(BIOS ID:JFETxxWW)".

So.....can the latest video driver be used with the latest bios which per the readme (and filename) is NOT from the JFETxxWW family?

Hopefully I am posting in the right place.  I have been underwhelmed with phone support where "hardware" support will only answer hardware questions and "software support" is "premium" and they want you to pay when this system is only a week old.  Not sure where else to go for answers.  Also have issues with expresscache as....well..they shipped it with windows 10 and with an SSD and no expresscache.  But that is another post....

Thanks,

BJB

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 308
Message 2 of 5

Re: Yoga 14 latest NVIDIA driver not compatible with latest 1.3 bios?

Exactly which ThinkPad Yoga 14 do you own please; 20DM, 20DN or 20FY? There are some different BIOS versions depending on which model you have and this may also have a bearing on other components.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-S-Series-ThinkPad-Yoga/Can-t-Update-BIOS-to-Version-1-3-Lenovo...

Andy

English Community Leader
Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star below their post awarding them Kudos

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Język Polski    Moto English

BJBBJB
Punch Card
Views: 301
Message 3 of 5

I have a 20DM009GUS so I was looking at the drivers under Yoga 14 DMxxxxxx. Would also like to understand if I can just install expresscache. No idea why factory did not.

Thanks for the reply. Smiley Happy
BJB
BJBBJB
Punch Card
Views: 295
Message 4 of 5

Andy,

One more item....I see the thread you linked to.  However under the Yoga 14 DM support site, bios version 1.3 IS listed.

BJB

BJBBJB
Punch Card
Views: 257
Message 5 of 5

I went with bios .1.21 and Nvidia and all is good.  If you could please provide some solution to my expresscache question (I have a 16GB SSD installed that is doing nothing because laptop arrived without expresscache installed) I would appreciate it.

I just want to know if I need to run the cleanup and the expresscache install or just the install.  Just concerned that it did not ship with it that there might be some other compatibility confusion here.

Thanks,

BJB

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors