Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TomHG
What's DOS?
Views: 856
Message 1 of 3

Yoga 15 - Battery Not Detected - Critical low-battery error

I have brand new lenovo Yoga 15. From the first start up I am getting this error message: Battery Not Detected

I don't know what is going on but this is a new machine right? Anyway, the laptop is connected 24/7 to AC, yesterday I needed to unplug it and after 5 minutes the system turned off. After turning it on I got this error screened: Critical low-battery error

The thing is after I turned it on for the second time everything was great. The battery said that it's 100% charged. But after another 5 minutes or something the battery turned off again - WTH?

Does the laptop's battery is broken and I need to give it for the guarantee?

Guru
Views: 824
Message 2 of 3

Re: Yoga 15 - Battery Not Detected - Critical low-battery error

Hi TomHG

Which is the full model number of your machine?

What I would try to do first is try to update the BIOS of your computer and the power related drivers just in case.

But the message that is showing the problem on the BIOS (before Windows boot) it is not nice.

I would try tp update the drivers with the following tools

- Windows Update

- Lenovo System Update

- Install Lenovo Settings and Lenovo Companion.

- Check on Lenovo Support site the driver for your model.

If after updating the BIOS and power drivers of your computer the problem remains there, I will recommend to contact the Lenovo Support Center. If you are still under warranty Lenovo should fix it by replacing any part.

Regards

Martín Itúrbide
OS2World.com NewsMaster
Self-proclaimed Trackpoint Fan Club President
"Don't Panic" 
Wil Wheaton
Remember: Your Friend Wil Declares....
Please click "Kudos" for Ego Boost !!

Rick_E
Paper Tape
Views: 113
Message 3 of 3

Re: Yoga 15 - Battery Not Detected - Critical low-battery error

I solved this error by unplugging the power cord and letting the battery run down until the computer turned itself off. When I plugged the power cord in again and restarted the computer, the error was gone and the battery WAS detected.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors