Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AustinLewis
What's DOS?
Views: 316
Message 1 of 5

Yoga 2 - WIFI Issues

I have several laptops which have expierenced WFI connectivity issues for no apparent reason. i am able to see networks, and able to see the networks that were preferred and used everyday, but all of a sudden I am unable to connect to them, even if I select them. One workstation began reconnecting after having some time shut down. Is this a driver issue? Please help

Mod's Edit: System model added to front of Subject line to improve visibility / clarity.

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 281
Message 2 of 5

Re: WIFI Issues

Good day and welcome to the community.

Please post which device and OS you have, otherwise it will be difficult for the community to assist.

Regards.

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKTRMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.

I am not a Lenovo employee

Guru
Views: 265
Message 3 of 5

If it happens on several laptops as you wrote, then it is not the laptop issue but a network issue, ain't it? Or does it only happen on one particular laptop?

If the answer is interesting press the star below to give Kudos.

If your question is answered you can click ''accept as solution".

AustinLewis
What's DOS?
Views: 259
Message 4 of 5

They are both Yoga II laptops, and they expierenced this WIFI connectivity issue on separate home networks, although the issue persisted on the shared work network. This issue seemed to resolve itself after allowing the machine to be shut off for some period of time - but I wanted to know what caused it and how to resolve the issue more quickly moving forward. They both operate Windows 8.1

Guru
Views: 256
Message 5 of 5

It is not clear if that is a network issue or laptop issue. Also why didn't you migrate to windows 10?

I would update the wifi driver if I were you. Control Panel, Device Manager, Network Adapters, right click and press update.

In advanced power options you can also set the wifi adapter to maximum performance.

If the answer is interesting press the star below to give Kudos.

If your question is answered you can click ''accept as solution".

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors