Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
endrju666
Paper Tape
Views: 1,546
Message 1 of 12

Yoga 260: Fingerprint not working until restart

Hi,

my fingerprint reader is not working after some time without restart. After restart I can use it without any problem for some time, when the computer wakes up. But suddenly when I want to sign in after wake up the reader is not working. The led is not blinking and it doesnt react for my touch. I have to sign in with password. Then I have to restart Windows 10 and it start working for some time again.

Thx for help.

endrju666
Paper Tape
Views: 1,523
Message 2 of 12

Re: Yoga 260: Fingerprint not working until restart

What a great support from Lenovo. Two days withou any help. Great. Smiley Sad

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,502
Message 3 of 12

Hello and welcome,

Please keep in mind that this is not the support site.  While there is some Lenovo presence to address broader issues, this is primarily a peer-to-peer forum where Lenovo users can help each other.

It may be that no-one has had a similar problem - and a fix - or that your post hasn't yet been seen by someone who can help.  You may wish to contact support directly.

Local Lenovo support:

Czech Republic
THINK-branded products
Czech
800-353-637
9:00 - 17:00 Monday - Friday

Regards,
Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Türkçe    Moto English

lcevans
What's DOS?
Views: 1,480
Message 4 of 12

I have had the same issue--signing in after wake-up, the fingerprint LED is lit maybe 30% of the time--the rest of the time, I must enter my password. A Google search revealed several other users with the same problem--I didn't see any effective solutions yet--hopefully Lenovo will come up with a fix--for now I will keep typing in my password. 

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,473
Message 5 of 12

I have not been able to duplicate what you are seeing.  When I resume or switch user, the FP reader lights and works.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
endrju666
Paper Tape
Views: 1,465
Message 6 of 12

For me this usually happens when I have notebook long time without restart and I do several going to sleep mode (or maybe just locking win). When I wake up (or maybe only try to sign in from locked state) the finger print reader doesn't work very often.

I am a programmer so I know exactly how terrible is to get bug report without exact description how to duplicate the problem, but this is just too random.

lcevans
What's DOS?
Views: 1,458
Message 7 of 12

It happened again this morning--no fingerprint light. endrju666, maybe you're on to something with the restarts--I hardly ever restart my computer--just fold the screen down when I'm not using it--will try shutting down at night.

lcevans
What's DOS?
Views: 1,455
Message 8 of 12

OK, I restarted the computer--was able to use the fingerprint reader on start-up. Put it to sleep--again able to use the FP reader. Second and third time--no fingerprint reader. Fourth time, I locked the computer rather than putting it to sleep, and the FP reader was immediately available. 

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 1,436
Message 9 of 12

There is a new driver that is supposed to fix this issue.  It is not on the support website yet, but you can get it from Windows Update:

1. open Device Manager
  2. Expand "Biometric Devices" category
  3. double-click on "Synaptics WBDI"
  4. click on Driver tab
  5. click on "Update Driver" button
  6. click on the option about "Search Automatically"
  7. this should update you to version 5.1.307.26

let me know if this fixes the problem for you.  Sorry for this trouble.

endrju666
Paper Tape
Views: 1,420
Message 10 of 12

Looks good. No problem since I installed the update.

Thanks.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors