Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
IAdventurer01
Paper Tape
Views: 3,866
Message 1 of 3

Yoga 260 Stylus Stopped Working

I've been using my 260 for a couple months now and generally have been pleased with it.  Unfortunately, the stylus stopped working while I was using it yesterday and I'm trying to figure out what's gone wrong.

I suspect the internal capacitor is no longer charging, but I'm unsure how to check.  If it is a charging issue, is it possible that it's an OS driver issue?  A few weeks ago I changed my OS from Windows 10 to Ubuntu and if the stylus has a very impressive battery life it's possible it's just finally worn out, but I find it odd that this would be OS dependent, as doesn't the stylus charge even if the PC is off?

If anyone can shed some light on this issue, it would be much appreciated.  Google has failed to provide me any helpful information and I'd really like to avoid reinstalling Windows 10 just to see if it starts charging my stylus - especially if it doesn't help!

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 3,877
Message 2 of 3

Re: Yoga 260 Stylus Stopped Working

Pull out the pen and look into the silo.  See if one of the little spring contacts is pushed back.  Don't touch them with something metalic, as you may short them out.  A toothpick is a good tool.

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
IAdventurer01
Paper Tape
Views: 3,843
Message 3 of 3

Re: Yoga 260 Stylus Stopped Working

Fantastic - seems to have done the trick. I didn't quite understand what I was looking for but I prodded the contacts with a toothpick and the bottom one snapped into position. I gave the stylus a 10 second charge and it seems good-to-go!
Top Kudoed Authors