Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aasiaeet
Paper Tape
Views: 1,797
Message 1 of 4

Yoga 260 Stylus Tip Detection/Palm Rejection problem

I got my Yoga 260 around 10 days ago. I first updated my windows 10 to the new release (so I'm not sure if the problem was there from the begining). The pen is not working as it should be, the tip is not detected or detected by some offset (usually it goes into bottom of the screen besides taskbar). For example I start writing in onenote and suddenly instead of writing on the current line it is writing some wiggly things on the bottom of the page. This is not only happening in onenote or inking apps, even when I'm using the pen for selecting lines in a webpage, jumps happen.  

Is this a pen problem? or display digitizer? Also I'm not sure if this is a driver problem or hardware problem. I tried to rollback to original installed windows 10 to test that, using factory resseting but I couldn't, windows keeps the upgrade. I checked the wacom driver it is recent 08/02/2016 even more recent than the one available on wacom's website (I tested both). I changed the pen and inking setting: made the handness to "right hand" and "Ignore touch input when I'm using my pen" to on, but nothing helped. It is really frustrating, because I mainly bought this notebook because of its stylus. So anyone else had the same problem? Any fixes for that? 

Thanks

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,756
Message 2 of 4

Re: Yoga 260 Stylus Tip Detection/Palm Rejection problem

First, I have not experienced this problem.  If I were guessing, I would estimate that the possibility of blame would be assigned as follows:

1) Pen - less than 1%

2) Digitizer 30%

3) Application or driver 70%

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
aasiaeet
Paper Tape
Views: 1,745
Message 3 of 4

Thanks for your response, yes I suspected the driver first, but couldn't find any solution. So any positive reply from yoga 260 owners (that shows their system works with the current drivers) will be helpful and informative. 

Also I more and more become suspicious of the digitizer, since even when I rotate the display (with rotation lock) and start writing, the tip jumps to the taskbar so it is not palm rejection problem, because my palm is not on that part of the screen!

Former Employee
Views: 1,523
Message 4 of 4

In response to customer reports of unexpected active pen or touchscreen behavior including ghost touches, intermittent touch screen function, and no pen or stylus functionality on Yoga 260 ThinkPad systems, Lenovo has provided a solution.

Please contact Lenovo Service and reference Service TIP # SF16-T0100. Please be advised the system will need to be serviced, which will be free under warranty.

Thank you,

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors