cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mozo64
Paper Tape
Views: 2,143
Message 1 of 3

Yoga 260 + ThinkPad OneLink+ Dock = 3 working DisplayPort's?

Hello everyone, 

I would like to connect 3 external monitors to Yoga 260. I found out that conection of 3 external displays is feasible. It is associated with turning off the native LCD, whcich is OK for me. I would like to use ThinkPad OneLink+ Dock (40A40090XX). The docking station has 2 DP and 1 VGA.

The issue is I'd rather use 2 DP from docking station and one DP which is on board Yoga instead of VGA.

Is such configuration possible? I would like to figure it out before I will buy the station. I've found document: https://support.lenovo.com/uu/en/documents/pd029622 , but there is nothing on using docking stations' DP and native DP in one configuration, simultaneously. Whether it is because on board DP will be disabled?

The alternative is MST (eg. http://www.club-3d.com/index.php/products/reader.en/product/multi-stream-transport-mst-hub.html). Both devices are at a comparable price, and if I had confidence that the docking station will work with onboard DP simultaneously, I would choose it. 

Thank you in advance, 

best regards

M

mozo64
Paper Tape
Views: 1,964
Message 2 of 3

Re: Yoga 260 + ThinkPad OneLink+ Dock = 3 working DisplayPort's?

Since no one has replied, I would like close this discussion. 

Still someone might benefit for the information, that: 

- I have purchased and tested ThinkPad OneLink+ Dock

- it works with 3 external monitors using 2 DP from docking station and one mini-DP from Yoga itself

- working configuration is as follows: 2 displays are connected to OneLink+ Dock with one active DP to DVI converter, one passive DP to DVI converter and the last one (Yogas’ port) with active mini-DP to DVI converter

- I didn’t try to use for example 2 or 3 passive DP to DVI converters (but I guess that 2 should do the job, but 3 will probably won’t work)

- when OneLink+ Dock is attached, the HDMI port in Yoga is not working! (the information one can also find in BIOS, but no materials on-line)

Best regards,

Maciej

Former Employee
Views: 1,680
Message 3 of 3

Re: Yoga 260 + ThinkPad OneLink+ Dock = 3 working DisplayPort's?

In response to customer reports of blinking or flickering on external monitors connected to Yoga 260 ThinkPad systems via OneLink+ VGA/RJ45 adapter or OneLink+ dock, Lenovo has provided a solution for Yoga 260 ThinkPad systems under warranty.

To contact Lenovo Service, please click here and reference Service TIP SF16-T0080/ HT502248. This solution will require the Yoga 260 to be serviced.

Thank you,

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors