Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
Message 1 of 5 (1,010 Views)

Yoga 260 | Trackpoint and Trackpad not working properly (driver issue?)

The Trackpad is unusable on my Thinkpad Yoga 260. When I try to use it it doesn't respond most of the time. Strangly though when I use the very tip of my finger it does work. To me that sounds like the palm rejection is too harsh. Also the scrolling gesture doesn't work if I place my fingers vertically. It does work if I place them horizontally). The Trackpad is from Elantech. I tried changing the driver settings, re-installing it and nothing helped.

The problem with the Trackpoint is that when I try to scroll vertically using the middle button the scrolling symbol often first shows up horizontally and I need to press the trackpoint hard to get it to scroll.

This all on Windows 10. I am thinking that this is all a driver issue because I tried out Ubuntu and there it works without problems also uninstalling the driver gets the Touchpad to work but the gestures don't work then. But if this is a driver issue shouldn't everyone have this problem?

Guru
Message 2 of 5 (947 Views)

Re: Yoga 260 | Trackpoint and Trackpad not working properly (driver issue?)

Hi, welcome to the forum.

It can be interesting to know the version of the driver you have installed (It can be checked on Windows Device Manager).

On the Yoga 260 support site the latest version for ELAN is 11.21.8.2 - 11/16/2016. (ELAN UltraNav Driver for Windows 10 (64-bit) - ThinkPad Yoga 260)

I don't have the ELAN Trackpoint, but something I always do is to set the Trackpoint sensibility to the lowest so the cursor moves faster with less force.

Regards

Martín Itúrbide
OS2World.com NewsMaster
"Don't Panic"
Wil Wheaton
Remember: Your Friend Wil Declares....
Please click "Kudos" for Ego Boost !!

Paper Tape
Message 3 of 5 (904 Views)

The ELAN driver is up to date: 11.21.8.2

I even reset Windows 10 and installed the driver again but the problem persists.

Am I really the only person with this problem? Can it be a hardware issue? But then why does it work when the driver is deinstalled?

Guru
Message 4 of 5 (897 Views)

Hi

Did you already went to "Control Panel - Mouse" and played with the Elan trackpad/Trackpoint settings there ?

Something similar to this picture (It may change according to version and machine)

Q3_pic  Q4_pic

I had been checking some other forums thread about the Yoga 260 and trackpad issues.

There was reported an issue that the Trackpad of the Yoga 260 becamed un-responsive and the solution was to update an Intel driver.

So, my last idea by checking the Yoga 260 support site is to update:

1) BIOS Update Utility for Windows 10 (64-bit), Windows 8.1 (64-bit), Windows 7 (32-bit, 64-bit) - Thin...(Just in case)

2) Intel Integrated Sensor Solution Driver for Windows 10 (64-bit) - ThinkPad Yoga 260

I hope this help. I run out of ideas, if it does not work, maybe it is time to open up a ticket with Lenovo for your hardware to be checked. 

Regards

Martín Itúrbide
OS2World.com NewsMaster
"Don't Panic"
Wil Wheaton
Remember: Your Friend Wil Declares....
Please click "Kudos" for Ego Boost !!

Fanfold Paper
Message 5 of 5 (809 Views)

My previous response appears to have been deleted.  Hoping this one will be allowed to remain.

You are not the only one having this problem.  I am seeing the same issue with my new Yoga 460 20EM shipped in early April 2017.  I too have Win 10 (Pro) and have updated all the latest drivers, and changed the Trackpoint sensitivity levels from lightest to heaviest and the problem still exists.  It is extremely frustrating to deal with considering I have owned ThinkPads all the way back to the 600 series and specifically buy ThinkPads because of their Trackpoints (and immediately disabled the touchpad on my new Yoga.)

Top kudoed Authors