cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rpetrioli
What's DOS?
Views: 599
Message 1 of 4

Yoga 260 : Turn off inside screen to allocate the inside graphic card on two extern screens.

Hello,

Is it possible to desactivate the inside screen of the Yoga 260 to work with two extern screens without adding an extern graphic card or a dock.

The 260 has a hdmi output but Lenovo provide also an adaptator that allowed you to connect a vga monitor. Unfortunatly when you use the vga output, the hdmi is automatically desactivated. That seems normal as the Intel graphic card do not support 3 screens. But what if you could turn of the inside screen? Can't we allocate the graphic card only to the two outside screens ?

Thanks a lot and sorry for my english.

R.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 565
Message 2 of 4

Re: Yoga 260 : Turn off inside screen to allocate the inside graphic card on two extern screens.

Your English is fine. I was hoping someone with direct experience would reply. I don't have a machine here with that chipset to test on. I have one coming, but it will be a while. I am not suggesting that you take apart your new machine and risk breaking something, but I am a little crazy and if I had this question, this is what I would try: I would remove the bottom cover and temporarily disconnect the LCD cable. I would figure that if the VGA and HDMI would not both work at that point, it was hopeless and give up. If it did work I would start reading about chipset options

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
rpetrioli
What's DOS?
Views: 562
Message 3 of 4

Re: Yoga 260 : Turn off inside screen to allocate the inside graphic card on two extern screens.

Hello,

Thanks for your answer. I hadn't thought to that... **bleep**, why did you give me such an idea like this ?  ;-) 

I will wait a bit if someone else have the response before opening the 260... As you said, it's new... But during this time I will take a look at the chipset and the bios as you tell me...

Thanks.

R.

Former Employee
Views: 528
Message 4 of 4

Rpetrioli,

You wanted to know if it is possible to deactivate the inside screen of the Yoga 260 to work with two external screens without adding an external graphic card or a dock.

Unfortunately, only the VGA port or the HDMI port can work at one time. This is a design limitation.

To support two monitors, Lenovo recommends connecting one HDMI monitor via the HDMI port with a second DP monitor connected via DP connector.

I hope this helps.

Thank you,

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors