Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
winekiwiguy
Fanfold Paper
Views: 461
Message 1 of 2

Yoga 260 - Win 10 Anniversary edition upgrade breaks auto-rotate

When the Windows 10 Anniversary update is put on a Yoga 260, autorotate no longer works. Re-installing the integrated sensor solution does not fix the problem, nor updating any of the other drivers. The autorotate lock option disappears completely.  This seems to happen only with the Yoga 260 as the Yoga, Yoga 12, and the new Yoga 370 do not have this problem. Anyone else seen this?

5thinkpads
Blue Screen Again
Views: 278
Message 2 of 2

Re: Yoga 260 - Win 10 Anniversary edition upgrade breaks auto-rotate

Hey Wiseguy,

If I go to Screen Resolution and rotate the screen manually to portrait then fold the machine into portrait, then I uncheck "allow the screen to auto-rotate" and then recheck "allow the screen to auto-rotate" and click apply, when it applies, it rotates my screen back to landscape mode automatically. I believe what is happening is some error with the gyroscope, and it is not accepting the data and just reverting to landscape.

I'm using 8.1 Pro and it seems somewhere in the last bios update, or windows updates, my integrated sensor hub no longer responds to screen rotation. In fact I've had a lot of strange behavior which leads me to believe it is related to the BIOS update I preformed. Recently I have noticed my keyboard wont respond in windows or in the bios password when booting. I have encountered this twice. Powering off and restarting `Fixed` the problem.

In windows, the behavior regarding screen rotation is strange. sometimes after rotating and going back to laptop mode, the mouse disappears, only shows the stylus, and I have to sleep and relog in to fix it. Other times, I have had the screen lock me into portrait mode, whereby it wont reset its self until I do the sleep and resume. When the machine is folded into tablet position, the rotate screen lock disappears and when i go back to landscape, it reappears.

It seems like it *should* be working, but there are so many bugs, I have to believe this is a huge problem with some software.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors