Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
martenj
Paper Tape
Views: 584
Message 1 of 4

Yoga 260 broken battery

Hi,

I dunno if I am the only one with this annoying problem but my Yoga 260 battery seem to be broken. Every time the battery level drops to 24-25% it will suddenly say only 6% left and giva a warning. so 1/5 of the battery capacity is lost at all. 

Lenovo Settings says the battery health is good - a lie. I also tried to recalibrate but with no effect.

The FRU number is 00HW026 but I wasn't able to find a reliable source for a new one in Germany.

Does anyone has similar problems? Or does know where to get a new battery?

Thanks.

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 568
Message 2 of 4

Re: Yoga 260 broken battery

It sounds like the battery is going bad from what you describe.   

According to lenovo Parts Lookup they have substituted FRU 00HW027 for your current battery, but I am not sure if that FRU will be easier to find in Germany or not.   

Lenovo Encompass Parts online has a genuine Lenovo Battery (FRU 00HW027) in stock for $ 101.55 USD, but it would have to be shipped from the US, so hopefully you can find one closer.

Regards, 

martenj
Paper Tape
Views: 553
Message 3 of 4

Hi,

thanks for the reply and info. I was not aware that there is a new part number availabe as replacement. Thinks to look up now. A quick check showed already some at Amazon and ebay.

Best.

Marten

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 551
Message 4 of 4

Good to hear,

Make sure that the batter you are getting is either a genuine Lenovo battery, or a certified clone, because some of the clones being sold (while perfectly good batteries) are not correctly recognized by the laptop, and when installed (will display "Non-Genuine battery") and may not charge, so be sure to confirm with the seller that the battery you buy is not going to have that problem.

Take Care,

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors