cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chunting
Punch Card
Views: 877
Message 1 of 6

Yoga 260 cant boot after bios upgrade (onboard huawei wwan not authorized)

My Yoga 260 cant boot after bios upgrade to the latest version (1.51) with error 1802: unauthorized network card (12D1/15C1). Before upgrade, the system can boot normally.

I managed to get into bios and disabled the wwan, then it boots, but cannot use wwan.

The WWAN card is huawei me906s that orginally come with the system, which should be on the whitelist. Why the later version of BIOS renders the WWAN unusable?

Any help?

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 801
Message 2 of 6

Re: Yoga 260 cant boot after bios upgrade (onboard huawei wwan not authorized)

Hello and welcome

Unfortunately, you are right - Huawei me906s card isn't white listed in the recent BIOS, as well, at least, since v.1.34. I can't explain the reason of the card support removing. The BIOS upgrade history doesn't mention any wwan card changes..

At the same time the card is listed in the on-line parts lookup service and in the fru_bom file dated 2015.12.21 (presently this file is unavailable on the support site, the web link is dead).

Unfortunately, it's impossible to rollback the BIOS version. The quote from the BIOS upgrade history:
" If the UEFI BIOS has been updated to version 1.49 or higher, it is no longer able to roll back to the version before 1.49 for security improvement."

I'll try to dig some information.

x220 • Gobi 2000 3g | hdd, msata ssd, wwan, wifi, gps -- unique hand-made config
ThinkPad 25 Special Anniversary Edition. #retro. Signed by D.Hill
T470p | X1 Carbon Gen3 | Miix 2 10" | Yoga Tablet 2-1050F (Android) + BT Keyboard
ThinkPad Stack • 2.4/5 Wireless Router, HDD 1 TB, BT Speaker, Power Bank, Mobile Projector

Do it well, worse becomes itself

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Portugues    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 720
Message 3 of 6

Hello chuntung,

I've been able to find out that the Huawei card was never built into the Yoga 260 from the factory.  We've had an exchange of private messages and are still unable to identify the serial number or proper machine type which you have given me. Unfortunately it looks as though you might need to ask your seller a few questions; based on the information I have received from you it would appear your system is a non factory configuration.

Andy

English Community Leader
Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star below their post awarding them Kudos

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Język Polski    Moto English

chunting
Punch Card
Views: 698
Message 4 of 6

But according to the lenovo webpage

https://support.lenovo.com/hk/en/solutions/acc100280

ThinkPad Huawei ME906S 4G LTE Mobile Broadband is compatible with the following machines:

ThinkPad T460, ThinkPad T460s, ThinkPad T460p, ThinkPad T560, ThinkPad P50s, ThinkPad X260, ThinkPad Yoga 260, ThinkPad S1 Yoga, ThinkPad X1 Carbon, ThinkPad X1 Yoga, ThinkPad L460, ThinkPad L560, ThinkPad Yoga 460

chiss82
What's DOS?
Views: 572
Message 5 of 6

Hello all,

I have the same problem.

After i read about compatibility between Yoga 260 and Huawey ME906S, i buyed a card.

But surprise , error on book. This card isn't in whitelist.

What we can do in this way, what is the solution from Lenovo.

Thank you in advance for your support.

chiss82
What's DOS?
Views: 572
Message 6 of 6

Hello all,

I'm in the same sittuation.

I buyed a card Huawei ME906S, for my yoga 260, after i read these are compatible.

But, surprise, on boot the same message, this card isn't in whitelist.

How can Lenovo help us.

Thank you in advance for your support.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors