Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Namornik
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,568
Message 11 of 31

Re: Yoga 260 randomly hangs for a few seconds

I have previously installed all the updates on the lenovo update site

Set the power setting to Lenovo optimized and changed SSD to 15min and min CPU power to 8%

installed Advanced System Care and chad it run full diagnostics and perform all repairs including the registry

Since then no hangs whatsoever.

It did help

Try it for yourself

David

floyoga
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,559
Message 12 of 31

Not the solution for me. Still freezes.

gttds
Punch Card
Views: 2,536
Message 13 of 31

I don't get the freeze anymore. Not sure exactly what fixed it though.

I didn't touch the power savings settings but I did install all updates from Lenovo Companion. 

Also updated Google Chrome and Spotify. Not sure if those had any effect.

foomonkey42
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,492
Message 14 of 31

Same issue here.

I downloaded "Advanced System Care" and installed it per the multiple recommendations.  When installing, there was an option to install "Driver Booster" which is a separate application.  I selected that option because it seemed like it would be helpful.

After install, I ran "Driver Booster" and it identified several drivers that were out of date even though they werent identified by any of the Lenovo update tools like System Update and the Bridge tool for the driver support site.

It identified 8 drivers that it deemed as out of date (4 of them were for the dual core hyper-threaded processor so that is really the same driver).  I dont recall (sorry) exactly what the others were.  I think one was for SMBus and another for a sensor of some kind.  I told it to update all of them.

Anyway, after updating those drivers, 100% good!  I've been running for hours now and havent had a single hang/freeze.  On power adapter, off power adapter, on a stable surface, on lap (I kinda thought the original problem was more prominent when typing and jiggling around on my lap).

BTW, I didnt even use the Advanced System Care application... honestly, none of the core functions of that application seemed compelling to me.

I'm actually thinking about buying the pro version of Driver Booster as it has features for backing up your drivers in case you need to reinstall.  But the free functionality seems perfectly fine.

Of course, your mileage may vary...

-Greg

koendevreeze
What's DOS?
Views: 2,410
Message 15 of 31

I have my Yoga 260 for few months now and I have the same issue from the beginning. I've installed Lenovo Companion and there were updates to some drivers. Unfortunatly this didn't fix the freezes. I really hope this gets fixed because it is very annoying. Besides this problem, I really like this laptop.

I think I only get freezes when working without the power cord plugged in.

chrisweetman
What's DOS?
Views: 2,275
Message 16 of 31

I have also been experiencing this issue, quite frequently too, but as stated, just randomly happens, doesnt matter what I am doing, or what applications are running etc.  Can be on power, or on battery, and in different power saving modes.  I have already run lenovo companion - system update and all updates applied.

anyone have any known fixes for this or should i just play with the settings to see if it stops?  As others have stated, this is the only issue i find with this laptop (and im not able to find a suitable smart card to use with it for logon purposes, but ill keep searching for that).

Any advice would be appreciated.

Namornik
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,267
Message 17 of 31

as was stated here before, install advance system car, run full diagnostics, have everything checked and fixed and then use the included driver booster to locate download and install all driver updates.

http://www.iobit.com/en/advancedsystemcarefree.php

I am pretty sure this will help as it did help to me and other users.

Good luck.

D.

floyoga
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,236
Message 18 of 31

Hi,

is sent my yoga because of this to lenovo, they changed the mainboard.

uhscale
Paper Tape
Views: 2,223
Message 19 of 31

I received today my brand new device. I recognized the same issue.

I have random freezes for several seconds.

All is up2date.

So is this a Hardware issue?

floyoga
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,198
Message 20 of 31

probably

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors