Message 21 of 31

Re: Yoga 260 randomly hangs for a few seconds

Same issue ... Also mouse hangs often.

eudoxos
What's DOS?
Views: 2,159
Message 22 of 31

suffered from the same problem. looks like i solved it for me by calling up the intel HD grafics control app and deactivating the PSR option and the display energy savings option.

i got the solution from this link regarding X1-tablets: https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/1f0c787e-fca8-46a0-b9c0-c8ea8234f3e5/lenovo-x1-car...

MWick
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 2,147
Message 23 of 31

Thanks for information, i will test it. You had also the issue that the mouse often hangs / freez?

eudoxos
What's DOS?
Views: 2,125
Message 24 of 31

sorry, can't say. I don't use a mouse with my yoga.

kbenzle
What's DOS?
Views: 1,944
Message 25 of 31

Same exact problem here too. I sent it back in on warrenty, and OF COURSE they sent it back and it still has the exact same issue! I Hate this computer now, every 1/2 hour it freezes for 10 sec. or so! Sending it back in AGAIN, LENOVO, HELLO???

Archean
Paper Tape
Views: 1,893
Message 26 of 31

This is great. So far seems to have fixed the problem. Thanks! It was driving me nuts.
benzle
What's DOS?
Views: 1,772
Message 27 of 31

Same problem for me, I just got my yoga 260 back from Lenovo for the 2nd time for a repair for this problem and it is still hapening. I explaing this to Lenovo in detail over the phone and all they did was replace the trackpad, and the second I turned it back on (with clean windows 10 from Lenovo) it did it again!

Is this just a case of Lenovo being a horrible company and did I make a mistake buying a thinkpad? Are all thinpad products this horrible?

benzle
What's DOS?
Views: 1,772
Message 28 of 31

I tried this fix and I am still getting the same problem. 

MWick
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,751
Message 29 of 31

So i have an new YogaX1 (system is up to date) in addition and same issues here. Here i can observe, that the issue appears if a USB Stick / USB SSD is plugged in and a copy/paste job is running.

My colleague observer the same on yoga 260, the issue apperas if the harddrive is in usage ....

No fix from this thread works Heart

bob132
What's DOS?
Views: 1,714
Message 30 of 31

I bought a yoga 260 i7 in December and started noticing the problem pretty much as soon as I put it to any use.  However, it seemed to get worse than described here and sometimes hanged until I forced off by pressing the power key, obviously losing any work in progress.

I followed the advice here regarding updating drivers using third party tools (and the lenovo tool first), but problems just increased until it was unable to boot windows normally (worked fine in safe mode).  Then failed to boot at all or even enter the recovery menu, and I was not able to restore the system even with a bootable image on a USB stick.  A very painful experience for me as I had bought it for a business trip abroad so was quite embarressing, I had thought that thinkpad stood for professional reliability.

Managed to get it refunded after a few weeks and bought a new unit, this time bought direct from Lenovo rather a distributor, and the problem of temporary screen hangs occurred within a few days of usage.  It's been a few weeks now, and regularly occurs, and has once frozen completely but fortunately closing and opening the lid woke it up rather than requiring a power down.

The comments about it being related to PSR sound correct - it seems to be the screen only freezing since I notice that if I type ctrl-alt-delete and then enter to lock the computer, the screen doesn't change visibly but the finger print reader lights up, indicating that it has locked the computer.

The intel driver utility suggests an updated driver, but warns that the existing driver is from the manufacturer and you may not want to replace it with the generic one.  I'm nervous of trying non-lenovo driver updates after what happened last time.    Other than this forum, do Lenovo have any mechanism for publicly tracking bugs and indicating when they might fix it?  based on this forum It seems like a long-running and serious issue, and to be effecting every yoga 260 of a similar spec.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors