Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gfbhwo
Paper Tape
Views: 466
Message 1 of 4

Yoga 260 won't start

This started yesterday in that the laptop would not wake up after going to sleep. It was plugged in so I did not expect the battery would die. The behaviour was I pushed the power button, it would blink a few times and stop but nothing else would happen. I tried holding the button for a minute or more, no dice. Pushing the reset putton with a paperclip through the hole in the bottom also did nothing.

Searching this Forum and other places, I tried disconnecting the battery and pushing the power button a few times, then connecting power and trying to restart, no dice. Then same again but also disconnecting and reconnecting the CMOS battery. It still won't boot, but now what happens is the fan runs and all the LEDs blink, but it still doesn;t start. After a few minute it stops doing that and is unresponsive. The light next to the power port doesn't even light if I disconnect and reconnect power. Pushing the reset with a paperclip takes me back to the fan/lights behaviour.

I bought this on Craigslist and was told it was still under warranty but I do not have any paperwork. Would a Lenovo Service Center be able to determine if it was still under warranty and does that still apply if I am not the original purchaser?

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 457
Message 2 of 4

Re: Yoga 260 won't start

You can check the warranty status here:

http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/product-service/warranty-status/default.page

In U.,S. the warranty stays on the machine. No proof of purchase required.  Enter the serial number from the sticker (no dash or space).

If it is under warranty, the support number in U.S. is 1-800-426-7378

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
gfbhwo
Paper Tape
Views: 408
Message 3 of 4

Thanks Rich, most helpful. I'll try contacting Lenovo after the weekend.

The numbers on the stickers aren't really readable (maybe with a bright light and magnifying glass), and since it won't start I can't query the numbers from a CMD window. I read somewhere else the serial numbers might be under the battery, and there are a couple of different numbers painted on parts of the structure, but not preseceded with anything obvious loke : "S/N". Anyone have any clue if one of these might be the S/N, or where else to find it?

BTW - I am impressed with the speed of response on this Forum, especially over a holiday!

Thanks,

Gareth

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 382
Message 4 of 4

I looked at a yoga 260 and the sticker is on the back.  If you sit the laptop on a table with the hinges away from you, mine is at the upper left.  The label is about 1/4" wide and about 2" long.  I have not had it open in a while.  Some machined have a sticker under the back cover that looks like the sticker on the back.  If you are the original owner, it is on the box and on your receipt.

EDIT:

I pulled off the bottom cover and mine had no identification sticker inside.  The cover can be hard to get off.  There are little tabs that are easy to break.

BTW, the format of the sticker is as follows:

TYPE: XXXX-XXXXXX  S/N XX-XXXXXX  YY/MM      

YY/MM is manudacture date.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors