10-01-2017 01:47 AM
- I have thinkpad yoga 260.
- Power button does nothing.
- Plugging the charger does nothing.
- Opened the notebook, disconnected the battery and held the power button to discharge. Still nothing.
- Hit the reset button on bottom. No change.
- The battery was almost full before this happened, so it is not drained for sure.
Solved! Go to Solution.
10-02-2017 08:52 AM
There are only 2 possibilities I can think of: power button or motherboard. If it were mine, I would pull the rear cover again and disconnect the battery again. I would then disconnect the CMOS battery (above the main battery on the left) and let it sit for 10 - 15 seconds. Then plug everything back in and connect the AC. If it is the power button, it will start by itself.
10-02-2017 09:56 AM
Yeah I tried the CMOS battery also. It wasnt that and it wasnt the switch.
Today I went to the service and they said the Motherboard is defective
Hey at least I finally know whats wrong
10-02-2017 02:14 PM