Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alan_BethelPk
What's DOS?
Views: 185
Message 1 of 4

Yoga 260 wont work in battery mode

Dear community,

My Yoga 260 won't operate in battery mode.  Both the battery and power supply have been switched out. Both batteries show fully charged and/or charging but if you pull the power supply plug, the laptop crashes. 

I have paid for Software Tech support. It is not a software issue or an issue of Microsoft 10. I am not getting warranty support for hardware as I'm being pushed back to my reseller for resolution. 

Has anyone encountered this and know what the issue might be so if I pay for tech support it will be fixed without costing too much?

Thanks!

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 173
Message 2 of 4

Re: Yoga 260 wont work in battery mode

If it isn't the battery or the power supply, there are no other inexpensive parts left,  There is probably a fuse and there is a matrix of power transistors, all on the motherboard.  A few independent shops MIGHT be able to solder a fuse, but fuses blow for some real reason.  There is or was something else wrong.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
Alan_BethelPk
What's DOS?
Views: 167
Message 3 of 4

Thanks Rich. I was fearful of this but wanted to see if any others had this issue.

I'll stay the course on warranty repair. Hopefully, I'll get it resolved next week. 

Guru
Views: 156
Message 4 of 4

If its under hardware warranty I would let Lenovo support deal with it.  

If a post answers your question, please mark it as an”Accepted Solution“!
 If a post helps you, please click the star to give it a "Kudo"!

I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. I will not respond to unsolicited private messages. Questions belong in the forum so it may   help other forum members as well.
 T490, TP 25 Retro, X1 Yoga 3rd Gen, W510 850 EVO, A30p
 Retired 385D, A20p, A21p

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors