Did you mean: 
Highlighted
toco1
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,894
Message 1 of 44

Yoga 370 Display bleeding??

Hi,

i got my Yoga 370 for a bit over a month now. Since a few weeks i noticed som light patches on the left, right and top edges of the screen. I was wondering if this was some kind of lcd-display bleeding. But now i realise that those patches tend to get bigger. One can even notice thin regular horizontal lines inside those white patches. Is that a display defect?

20170613_214423.jpg20170613_214434.jpg

Anyone familiar with this issue?

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 4,777
Message 2 of 44

Re: Yoga 370 Display bleeding??

Hello toco1,

What you illustrate certainly doesn't look normal to me nor does it look like the system I was able to look at here in order to compare.  Have you contacted support? If not I would suggest you do so and, if you could please, also send me your serial number by private message; I'd like to check the system here has exactly the same display.

Thanks in advance,

Andy

English Community Leader

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Deutsche Community Comunidad en Español English Community Русскоязычное Сообщество Communidade Portugues

lionawurscht
What's DOS?
Views: 4,690
Message 3 of 44

Hey, I noticed the same problem. A week or so after getting the laptop I started noticing a glow around the edges, especially towards the top corners. Originally I thought it was normal Backlight bleed but recently I also started noticing those horizontal lines. I wrote my retailer about changing the unit but would be interested in knowing whethere you found anything out about this problem.

IMG_20170624_173737.jpgIMG_20170624_173644_3.jpgIMG_20170624_173650_2.jpg

B7LI
What's DOS?
Views: 4,587
Message 4 of 44

I noticed the exact same issue today on mine as well.  About a month old, bought through CampusPoint in Germany. I'm contacting them this week to see what they can do...

Scaramanga_WA
SCSI Port
Views: 4,547
Message 5 of 44

Please let us know what the resolution is to this issue, did Lenovo replace your display?

2017 Yoga 370 (personal) 2017 T570 (work), LG G6
toco1
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,542
Message 6 of 44

I got my device replaced after i was asked to send my broken device to the European headquarter in Bratislava.

I seems like they where very keen to find out what was wrong with the display. As they are more and more reporting the same issue it looks like a problem in the production line...

Scaramanga_WA
SCSI Port
Views: 4,538
Message 7 of 44

Good news that they reacted quickly and replaced your machine, I'm glad it worked out.  My new 370 is shipping to me now and I'll be certain to inspect the screen margins really carefully.  Did your issue appear immediately when you first started using the PC or did it take a certain period of hours / reboots for the issue to appear?  This box is for my personal use but we use T460's at work and I've never seen anyone with a bad LCD panel there which is one of the reasons I went with Lenovo over Dell.  I've had Thinkpad's several times since they were IBM and always had good luck with them.

B7LI
What's DOS?
Views: 4,483
Message 8 of 44

Mine has gotten better again over the past week. The lines are not visible anymore, although there is still some light bleeding on the left and right edges (none top and bottom) on dark backgrounds (the Atom text editor is a dark grey that seems to bring it out). However, not worth being laptop-less for a week at the moment.

Ibjiba
Paper Tape
Views: 4,240
Message 9 of 44

Same thing here. Very distinct screen bleed around all edges (about 5 mm), model 20JJ. Sometimes the bleed is striped, sometimes general. I've notified Lenovo per my NBD on-site warranty and they are waiting for parts..

2017-08-21 10.22.55.jpg

Scaramanga_WA
SCSI Port
Views: 4,212
Message 10 of 44

I have EXACTLY this problem, returned my unit to depot repair on Monday to have the LCD (or whatever) replaced. I had a trouble free two weeks and then every time I booted my 370 my screen looked just like yours all around the edges.
Top Kudoed Authors