Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MathewM
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,604
Message 1 of 4

Yoga 370 & Type C Dock with 3 monitors

Hey everyone,

I've been searching high and low for some info.  I have looked to see if I can find some info but I am unable to find a solution.  I currently have a Lenovo 370 with a Lenovo ThinkPad USB-C Dock

( https://www3.lenovo.com/us/en/accessories-and-monitors/home-office/Thinkpad-USB-C-Dock/p/40A90090US ) 

Currently I am running into an issue where I can run two monitors (any combo DP and VGA) and they will run at full resolution.  As soon as the third monitor is connected; doesn't matter the combo or how the third is plugged in, it runs at 640x480 resolution and will not adjust to proper resolution.

I have run TVSU and all are updated, and even within windows 10 updates are complete.  Intel support shows that the card can be running at three monitors.  I have a T460s as well that can run the three monitors with the Ultra Dock at full resolution so I know it is not a monitor issue.

I am wondering is this a limitation of the Yoga itself or is this a problem with the ThinkPad USB-C dock?

Any ideas would be greatly appriciated.

Thanks!

Loosenuts
Paper Tape
Views: 690
Message 2 of 4

Re: Yoga 370 & Type C Dock with 3 monitors

Would like to know if you ever found a solution. I've run into the same thing with a ThinkPad T580 and the C-Dock.
No matter which is the 3rd monitor added I can't change the resolution, regardless of what port you plug it into.

Very frustrating! 

someguy27
What's DOS?
Views: 590
Message 3 of 4

Same issue, only work around I was able to get it to work was to run 2 monitors off the docking station and the 3rd off the HDMI port on the side of the laptop. With that config all resolutions were matched and adjustable. 

Loosenuts
Paper Tape
Views: 582
Message 4 of 4

I ended up using a USB to HDMI adapter for the 3rd. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors