Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reinier81
What's DOS?
Views: 7,664
Message 1 of 8

Yoga 370 does not start at all

I have a Lenovo Yoga 370, and recently I came back to it after a few hours(it was closed and may have had low battery as well, and would have been in sleep). Now it does not turn on at all, nor even light any lights when off-charger.

I plugged it in, and the charging light switched on and eventually turned to orange then green. After leaving it like this for a while, I held the power button for a few seconds and the caps lock, escape, mute, and mic on/off lights all turned on, as well as the charging light changing to orange. When I let go all the lights turn off except for the charging light which returns to green.

Any ideas what is happening/what I can do to fix this?

przemek1234pl
802.11n
Views: 7,585
Message 2 of 8

Re: Yoga 370 does not start at all

Does it work now? Maybe it had too small battery level to even start.
Reinier81
What's DOS?
Views: 7,582
Message 3 of 8

No is still does not work. Battery is fully charges.

also when power is plugged in, the laptop will not start at all

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 7,573
Message 4 of 8

Have you tried the emergency reset hole on the bottom?  I think it's intended to force the machine OFF, so it probably won't help.  Worth a try.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

Reinier81
What's DOS?
Views: 7,562
Message 5 of 8

Thank you Z. but unfortunately it doesn't help. I also tried pressing the turn-on button for 30 secs but doens't work either..

Griffnn
Paper Tape
Views: 7,283
Message 6 of 8

Similar issue. After a day in sleep mode the unit was dark: No LEDs would light up when I plugged it in and the 'on' button did nothing. A friend suggested this proceedure: Unplug. Remove cover. Remove battery. Push on button for one second. Do that 10 times. Push on button for 30 seconds (time it). Replace battery. Replace cover. Push Start. Success!. I came back from sleep mode with no loss of data (it did not do a forced restart/crash). 

Notes on tear-down: With the hinges away from you, turn the unit over. The cover has 9 screws: 3 on left, 3 on right and 3 that meandering down the centerline. They have retainers and so stay on the cover and will not get lost. Slide a plastic spudger around the edge to pop off the click-fit snaps. Lay the cover aside. 

The battery runs along the edge closest to you, under the handrest and mouse area. Battery is held in by 2 screws, one in each of the corners closest to you. They are Nylok(r) self locking screws and need added torque to remove, so press down hard with a good phillips screw driver so you don't strip the recess.   They come free, so corral them on a magnet or in a dish. The battery connector has several colored wires with three red ones on the left. It is at the center of the battery on the edge closest to the hinge. The connector is under thin black tape, lift the tape and use a plastic spudger to pry the connector directly towards you. It does not need too much pressure. Go through the on/off cycle described above then reinstall the battery and cover. 

Please note, the tape over the connector is thin and will indicate tampering. You better know your warrantee status as this tampering MAY affect warrantee. 

I do not know if the on/off cycling works with the battery installed. If it ever happens again, I will try that first. 

Bottlebuyer
What's DOS?
Views: 1,630
Message 7 of 8

I had the same problem and read this thread but thought that this solution couldn't possibly work.  I talked to Lenovo and to a reputable PC repair company and they both diagnosed a problem with the motherboard - and a big bill to replace it.  I opened the machine up to take out the SSD and thought "why don't I try that crazy solution before I buy a new PC".  I followed the instruction exactly and it worked.

If you come to London I owe you a large drink!!

By the way I tried ithe cycling without removing the battery and that didn't work - so that is clearly important.

Can anyone make a guess as to why this works?

Griffnn
Paper Tape
Views: 1,624
Message 8 of 8

" I owe you a large drink!!" An Imperial Pint is plenty large enough. Real Ale Only.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors