Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
melodylion
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,384
Message 1 of 3

Yoga 370 keyboard sometimes not reacting until i touch the trackpad

Hi All,

Just got a new Yoga 370 with windows 10. I sometimes have the problem that the keyboard is not working. This happens quite allot when i am using the integrated keyboard. It is not happening when i use an external board.

When it happens, i have to either wait, or to move the mouse a little bit with the trackpad (i usually only use the trackpoint) ant then in starts reacting again. 

Quite annoying, as i use it to evaluate it for business, and i really like the device exept of this annoying problem. 

Best regards and thanks for the help!

EDIT: The title was somehow bogus!

melodylion
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,244
Message 2 of 3

Re: Yoga 370 keyboard sometimes not reacting until i touch the trackpad

UPDATE: 

Today a technician was here, replacing the keyboard. Problem still persists, but in the meanwhile i have a way better description:

Probaly usually happens when using the nav point. If i move to a button, a text box or whatever and release the nav point, and if i click after releasing, the click will be released as soon as i move the nav point a little bit. In princible it behaves like a click and press. Double clicks work fine btw. 

The next thing i will try is to boot a portable ubuntu and see if the problem is there as well.

current things that happen with this problem:

- Click only finishes when moving the nav point

- Nav point moving uncontrollable to the bottom right of the screen in tremendous speed

- Text writing to the left instead of the right (e.g. hallo is written as ollah)

Best regards

M

melodylion
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,227
Message 3 of 3

Re: Yoga 370 keyboard sometimes not reacting until i touch the trackpad

UPDATE 2: 

I tried on Ubuntu 16.02 and it worked perfekt.

After that i booted back into windows 10 pro and it worked as well. 

Later that day it stopped working again. I uninstalled all mouse drivers and rebooted. Pressing a button worked again. Drivers where reinstalled and i had to reboot. Button still worked.

I thought that sleep may be the problem, so i put the 370 to sleep by closing the lid and started it up again. And look there, the problem came back after the computer was in sl

Sign out and sign back in does not help to fix the problem.

Somebody here that can help? I don't have any ideas anymore. 

Best regards,

M

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors