01-13-2019

DK

1 Signins

7 Page Views

• Views: 7
  • Message 1 of 2

Yoga 370 not charging through USB-C Thunderbolt 3 Dock

2019-01-13, 22:24 PM

So I got a brand new Yoga 370 and just got me a ThinkPad Thunderbolt 3 Dock. I have connected it to my laptop through a Thunderbolt 3 (40 Gb/s) USB-C cable male-male 5A, which supports power supply up to 100 W. I have plugged in the dock itself with a Lenovo original cable of 90 W. I also plugged in a HDMI cable from the dock to my monitor.

After plugging in, my computer automatically installed the Thunderbolt software, package version 17.3.74.400. It also says I have the Thunderbolt controller generation 15BF, firmware version 4.04, installed now.

Monitor works fine.

But my Yoga is not charging. I tried to restart the computer, unplug the dock, and I even installed the Lenovo Power Management software from the Lenovo website, which I assume is then the latest version.

Any ideas of what could possibly be wrong here?

It is a bit of a disappointment as I was hoping this would work perfectly fine right away. I spent some 50 dollars on the USB C cable and another 150 on the dock itself.

Thanks

Options

1 Posts

03-04-2019

GB

2 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Yoga 370 not charging through USB-C Thunderbolt 3 Dock

2019-03-04, 13:25 PM

I'm having the same issue

I have:

Updated the software on my laptop

Updated the firmware on the dock

Used a differenct USB-C cable

The monitors and ethernet are working fine, but it is kind of ridiculous that I have to have two power adaptors (one for the dock and one for the laptop). 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save