Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
waded
Paper Tape
Views: 2,460
Message 1 of 3

Yoga 370 "Plugged in, but not charging"

I have a Yoga 370 plugged into a ThinkPad USB-C Dock (DK1633) with the provided USB-C cable, and Windows is showing "Plugged in" but also "Not charging" as the battery has continued to decline in this configuration (it's declined from ~60% when it was first docked, and is now at 29%.)

What's this mean, and how do I correct it?

More detail:

• The USB-C cable is plugged into the port next to the power on the dock (the only place it fits.)
  • The dock is powered, as evidenced by the power light being on.
  • The USB-C cable is plugged into the Yoga at the "lightning" port (again, the only place it fits.)
  • I've tried the most obvious googleable steps, which are to remove the "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery" in Device Manager and re-add/update. This didn't change the behavior.
  • I should add that I first noticed this problem only a couple weeks ago. Before that I believe the dock was charging the laptop as expected, in the same configuraton it's in now.
  • I have not yet tried charging with the power cable that comes with the Yoga (instead of the dock/USB-C) since this problem started happening. I don't have the cable handy, and won't for a few days.
waded
Paper Tape
Views: 2,436
Message 2 of 3

Re: Yoga 370 "Plugged in, but not charging"

I'm now trying installing "Lenovo Vantage" from the Microsoft Store (which replaces "Lenovo Companion" and "Lenovo Settings") to update drivers through Lenovo.

This app appears to offer battery information & settings, but it shows the same non-charging state as Windows own UI does. It indicates the battery is low (now at 28%), a 60W USB-C connection is present, and that it's not charging the battery. After taking updates I'll fiddle with the settings.

waded
Paper Tape
Views: 2,433
Message 3 of 3

Re: Yoga 370 "Plugged in, but not charging"

Good news! Updating drivers & BIOS using Lenovo Vantage appears to have cured it. The battery is now charging (40% now, 45 minutes to full charge.)

The updates I took were:

• Lenovo Power Management Driver v1.67.14.04
  • ThinkPad Thunderbolt 3 Dock and USB-C Dock Driver V.1.001.1

and a few others (including BIOS flashes) that I'm guessing are unrelated.

I didn't end up having to change any settings.

I'd like to request that Lenovo PLEASE do driver update through Microsoft Update. Customers should not have to learn about 1-off tools like this.

Top Kudoed Authors